eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do i get paid through paypal after i have shipped my item?

Paypal tells me i have to enter a tracking number to receive my payment, but where do i enter the tracking number? 

Other Answers: 3
22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to montaauk

Before shipping...

Make sure that the payment transaction appears in your Paypal account.

Click on the details link for the transaction.

Ship only to the address provided by Paypal.

Ship using delivery confirmation / tracking if the total payment amount is less than $250,  signature confirmation / tacking with signature required if the payment is $250 or more.

Your payment may be subject to the 21 day hold policy, but the payment transaction will still appear in your Paypal account.

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to montaauk

Read ALL of this: 

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/howtosell/sellingbasics.html

Then, put a copy of this under your pillow, so your brain can absorb it while you are asleep: 

http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotection/sellerFAQ/index.html

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
Community Member
Answered
in reply to montaauk

You enter the tracking / delivery confirm number right at the item sold, here"s how, click on my ebay, top of ebay page, then click selling, scroll down slowly to SOLD, find that item you sold, now just under the tiitle of that item you"ll see tracking, edit add, click on ADD, now enter the tracking / delivery confirm number and the carrier such as USPS OR FED EX, then click on SAVE this should put that tracking / delivery confirm number just under the title of the item you"ve sold. Now sign into paypal account and find that item you"ve sold / beem paid for, bring that item up, scroll down slowly and click on tracking, make sure your tracking / delivery confirm number is there. If by chance you didn"t get tracking / delivery confirm when you shipped, better call paypal for thier advice, at 1-888-221-1161.