eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I update my info on my PayPal account? Does PayPal automatically pay the seller?

How do I update my cc info on PayPal?  Does PayPal automatically pay the seller on the bid I just won?

Other Answers: 2
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ttdid2

You have to manually click the pay button, PayPal will not use your money without permission.

You can update your credit card in your PayPal account under your Profile. Make sure the card is approved before you try to pay. PayPal will charge a buck to your account to verify it, then you can use it. The charge will be reversed a short time later.

If you are only updating the expiration date then there will be no new verification necessary.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ttdid2

No, paypal itself does not pay your seller when you win soomething, you do. Paypal simply records which ever credit / debit card and or checking saveings account your useing on paypal OR!! the money if any you have in your paypal account, this could be from someting you sold, that money would go into your paypal account until you either spend it on items you"ve won / bought on ebay or transfer that money into your bank account, the bank account you have on file with paypal. When you registerd with ebay you also registered with paypal, pay pal is the means to how you pay for ebay items. In ypour paypal account you listed a credit / debit card and checking account this is where thje money will come from to pay for items you have won on ebay or bought again if you have money in your paypal that money will be spent first before paypal will go to your debit / credit card and or checking account. MOW that you"ve won an item you need to pay for that item, you have 4 days from the day of auction win or buy itnow to pay. To pay, click on my ebay top of ebay page then click purchase history, here is the item you won / bought, to the right of that item click on Pay Now, this will bring you to paypal, you"ll be asked your password then you"ll be able to pay for this item. Go slow and read everything.