eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
How do I correct my email address in my paypal email address in a listing that has already sold?

How do I correct my email address in my paypal email address in a listing that has already sold?  I recently sold an item and I cannot receive payment thru email because "roadrunner" is spelled incorrectly "roaadrunner" .

Other Answers: 3
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to best-last1234

If you can open an email account using that address you can then add it to your PayPal account and payment would go through. I have more than one email attached to my PP account.

Otherwise:

Payment to wrong email:
http://reviews.ebay.com/Changing-your-email-address-to-receive-payments_W0QQugidZ10000000004224189

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered

Doesn't Roadrunner ISP use RR, not roadrunner?

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered

You CANNOT fix that.

You cannot create that email because the domain is spelled wrong.

Unless you are not talking about the Roadrunner ISP but that is your username....

You are going to have to advise the buyer to cancel their payment from PayPal and send them a Mutual Cancellation and Relist. Making sure you fix it.

Any listing you did after this one will have the wrong email too. You must Revise them all or end the listings.

It will crop up again by default too.

This is a very bad error to make because it has ongoing repercussions.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!