eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I bill someone through PayPal?

A customer suggested I bill them through PayPal for services rendered. This is not the first time someone has offered to pay through PayPal, but I have not done this before.

Other Answers: 5
ludlowfair
Community Member
Answered
in reply to floyd4207

Unless you are selling in eBay Motors, Real Estate, or Adult Only sections, you are required to ask for payment in an electronic format, and PayPal is the best.

If you are selling in Motors or Real Estate, though, you should NOT use PayPal.

sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to floyd4207

If this is an eBay transaction then the buyer needs to use the "Pay Now" button located in the listing.

I don't see any active or completed listings for you. Is this an off-eBay transaction?

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to floyd4207

If you have a PayPal account you can send and receive payments for many reasons, it is not just used for eBay.

I used PayPal for my high school reunion for example...

You would login to your account and Request Money, you can request money for goods or services.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
lacemaker3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to floyd4207

You have never received any feedback as a seller, so I will assume that this transaction has nothing to do with ebay, and you didn't make contact with this customer through ebay.  Assuming this to be the case, this is not an "off-ebay" transaction as the term is used here, because there was never anything "on-ebay" about it.

You will need to use the  "request money" tab from your PayPal account. If you're using this for a business, then you should make sure that your PayPal account is either a Premier or a Business account -- personal accounts are not to be used for business purposes.

PayPal charges 2.9% of the total payment, plus $0.30. That's about the cheapest rates available for a low-volume merchant. Most merchant gateways charge higher rates than that unless you do thousands of dollars of business each year (or month).

ludlowfair
Community Member
Answered
in reply to floyd4207

Or maybe this has nothing to do with eBay and you are selling from, say, an auto agency.  If that is the case, go to paypal.com and look into signing up for the appropriate type of account. 

PayPal does charge sellers a hefty percentage of the sales price.

Good luck, and feel free to come back here if you need more help, especially on eBay matters.