eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Card denied by the card issuer?

When I was purchasing an item, I received a message that said "We're sorry, but your transaction couldn't be completed using the selected card, Visa x-2625. This happened because it has been denied by the card issuer." I want to know why is it happening and how to get my card to works normally. :-(

Other Answers: 6
ol-nobull
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vampire278

Hi.  This is a problem with the card company.    They are who you need to call.

I recently activated a new credit card I wanted to use & had same problem.   I went to local store & it was denied to purchase a tank of gasolene.   Following week it was denied to purchase $200 of postage. I called the card company & they apologized & the rep said they fixed the problem.   Next month same problem with postage. 

I no longer have that credit card (Cabellas club visa).   I have no clue if they followed my request to put it where the Sun don't shine but I do know I will never do business with them again.

Some of these card companies want to choose where you can & cannot do business.

Sounds like you have one of these.

Good luck, Jim 

meekopla
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vampire278

Great answers by everyone today and it's helpful except that the OP has not mentioned any PO mail that they have received to warn this issue was approching or if the out of date has happened with this card.

Most times lately the response is very vivid to what the actual issue is from the OP. By contacting Paypal first, as a purchased item, PP is smart enough to know and zero in on the problem immediately so not to screw up too many other purchases the OP may purchase whether it is ebay related on not. This OP also knows whether they have been able to go to the mall or buy gasoline without an issue we do not know.

Yes I do agree that in times earlier credit cards give heads up for stopping a CC without time being so short. Lately , it is over the dates and it's called rejection like bounced check.

Ol- bull whatever you were able to do, prevented a problem and they still wanted your business - so a response like this from eBay wouldn't be a correct assumption.

OP, I am agreement that you either need to correct the CC abrupt halt of your card or get it forward. By now you already have your answer and we are still kicking it around for sure. 

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
gosimus
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vampire278

< it has been denied by the card issuer >

I would call the card issuer and ask them what's the problem.  There is a customer service number on the back side of your card, or you can find the number on your statement.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to vampire278

When I was purchasing an item, I received a message that said "We're sorry, but your transaction couldn't be completed using the selected card, Visa x-3602. This happened because it has been denied by the card issuer." I want to know why is it happening and how to get my card to works normally

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vampire278

Call the number on the back of the card, not PayPal.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
meekopla
Community Member
Answered
in reply to vampire278

Contact Paypal and speak with them the best resolution. 1-888- -221-1161.

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous