eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Cant pay with paypal

SO, i can pay on other sites, i can pay for other items, but there's one item i cant pay for it. I keep getting:

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Does anybody know what can be done to save this problem?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Cant pay with paypal

in reply to falcogooner

The seller probably doesnt ship to your country and has payments blocked.

DEE
Please use plain text.
ekbustad
Community Member

in reply to bonjourami

bonjourami wrote:

If this was the "Revell 1/72 Fairey Swordfish Mk. I / III # 04115", then listing says that the seller ships worldwide.  Which doesn't mean that they are not also blocking payments from the buyer's country of Slovenia.

Please use plain text.
sandypurins
Community Member

in reply to falcogooner

Contact the seller... describe the problem and ask the seller to send you an eBay invoice or a PayPal invoice.

Please use plain text.
kansasunbeatabledeal
Community Member

in reply to falcogooner

Falcogooner,

This seems to be a payment issue and not necessarily an eBay issue because: 

Seller most likely has multiple accounts/stores/websites that go to one PayPal account with the same settings and has blocked payments coming from your country. Either they made a simple mistake & didn't remove your country as a destination it ships to in eBay or it's possible the seller doesn't realize it due to the block for their other sites/stores. I would contact them and find out, it was most likely a simple error, I'm sure they would want to do business if your in good standing.

Blocking: Sellers can block buyers in two ways: 

(A) Directly block payments from countries in PayPal

or

(B) Through eBay: 1 -No PayPal Acct  -Amount of unpaid items  -Destination  -Policy violations  -Zero feedback  -Low feedback

I have sold many items internationally over the years and have had a few "bad apples", ecommerce fraud has become a major concern & it's cost effective to block those areas. If the above is the case communicate your intentions with the seller, offer to insure the order (inexpensive), most sellers want to do business with everybody- I certainly do!

Happy Holidays

Jamy

Please use plain text.
ekbustad
Community Member

in reply to bonjourami

bonjourami wrote:

One wonders why they can't provide a useful message in cases like this, something like "We are sorry, but the seller does not accept Paypal paymenfs from Slovenia.",  Rather than leave people guessing about what the problem is.

Please use plain text.
gporpc
Community Member

in reply to ekbustad

ekbustad wrote:

bonjourami wrote:

One wonders why they can't provide a useful message in cases like this, something like "We are sorry, but the seller does not accept Paypal paymenfs from Slovenia.",  Rather than leave people guessing about what the problem is.

Cecause it applies to more than Slovenny, they cannot do a custom reply....

Please use plain text.
dmko83!
Community Member

in reply to gporpc

Have got the same problem. Cant pay for internal shipping to USA while my PayPal is registered in Ukraine. I was sending parcels to USA warehouse and then to Ukraine. But now it's almost impossible to pay. Don't know why it started only in November.

Please use plain text.