eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Can I remove automatic payment on my seller fees?

When I go into the automatic payments section on my seller account, there is an option for changing the automatic payment method, but I don't see any way to remove automatic payments. Is there any way to set it up so my fees are not ever payed automatically? I just want to be able to pay them manually without having to worry about if I have enough money on my PayPal to cover the seller fees when it gets automatically paid.

Accepted Solution
ilovegrandkids6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91

You can pay your fees at any time buy going to your account page and at the bottom it says " make a one time payment"  ,  just be sure to pay at least 5 days before they invoice you.

Other Answers: 7
elijahsmommy3811
Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91

Log on your paypal account.

-scroll your mouse over profile till it drops down.

-click "my money"

-click "update" next to "my preapproved payments"

-Click "Ebay"

-click "cancel"

This is what someone else told me to do because im freakin tired of ebay charging me at random times and sometimes i dont have the funds in my account. So the bank charges me 40$ for ebays 1.60$ invoice charge.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91

Ebay is basically like a third world country.. they allow you to do nothing the way you want to or that would make since.  You can't sell on ebay without a paypal account and you can't remove the automatic payment method either.. so they got you coming and going.. ebay owns paypal, yet you can't do anything without the other!  If you keep money in your paypal account, you risk losing it if paypal finds it necessary to screw you.. if  you don't leave enough in there to cover your invoice, then you have bank NSF fees.  Long story..(short version) i bought a car on ebay, paid a $200 deposit on it through paypal.  It was a no reserve and went real cheap.  The guy never would contact me back, but he did get the $200.  When I finally got a hold of him he said "the car was stolen" I said "whatever then, just refund my money" he never did... I contacted paypal and all they said for me to do is call my car insurance company because the car was stolen!  wtf!  They never refunded the $200!  They are like the mafia!  ONLY BIGGER

lanstrad2007
Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91
On my side, The reason i want to stop automatic payments is because of the **bleep**s who buy things and don't pay, don't answer even to the nicest message offering them an exit if they changed their mind, and leave you no other way but to go through a complex process of dispute, where eBay is "sipposed to" refund you fees at the end, but if you don't follow through, who knows if they did after a month? This is the 3rd sale out of 4 i am facingbexactely the same problem with 3 different buyers! Just can't believe the eBay place has became crowded with so many **bleep**s - but with eBay easing the way with the "no blame" policy, it's like road with no road signs. I personnally never did that as a buyer. And never had such issues since 2007 but only over the last 3 months ! So if there is no more protection or road signs with some enforcement (or at least an easier process for a seller to get out of a buyer who remain in radio silence even after 12 very nive emails easing the way to get out of a deal, then i no longer want to pay automatically then have to waste time to run after eBay to refund me!
sbm-ventures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91

No you can't remove the auto payment. You can choose have it come from your paypal account or credit card but you cannot stop it.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91

If you remove the automatic payment option, you will not be allowed to sell any more items. Ebay protects itself from problems by making auto payments mandatory.

A good way to make sure that the auto payment system is never used is to pay them in advance by opening your seller account and click on 'make a one time payment'.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91

does this mean its a big mistake to add your paypal account because its permanently attached to your ebay account?

I feel like this can result in overdraft fees from the bank if the automatic payment system attempts to pull money from an account with insufficient funds, and there is no practical alternative.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to josh_n91

You can always pay it manually for about a week to ten days before they charge you. When they send notification of your invoice they clearly tell you the date it is going to transfer from PayPal.....

You must have either automatic payments set up from PayPal or a credit card on file for payment. They don't just trust anyone to pay without a payment method on file that they can charge if you don't pay.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!