eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Buyer initiated payment through Pay-Pal and is being processed. It does not show that I have been paid. I have not received payment. Why?

I am in Maine. Buyer in VA. Buyer initiated payment thru Pay-Pal and is being processed. 4 days later I haven't been paid. I have received NO notice of payment sent or received but Ebay states as above (being processed). Pay-Pay shows no record of transaction. Any Clues?

Other Answers: 6
22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pplacasse

Pay-Pay shows no record of transaction.

If NO payment transaction appears in your Paypal account, it's most likely due to an invalid payment email address in the listing.

If it was an echeck payment, there would be a payment transaction in your Paypal account.  If you click on the details for the transaction, Paypal would tell you when they expect it to clear.

grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pplacasse

See post #2 above, and click on the link.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
pinkflamingo2855
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pplacasse

you may have had the wrong payment email in the listing, click relist, scroll down and see what the email was, then back out....if it was wrong, here's the page that explains how you can claim the payment. it's under if you made a mistake entering your email address on the sell your item form

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/claimpayment.html#form

i had this happen once to me but my email was correct as i knew it was......so the buyer and i had a heck of a time trying to figure it out....they finally called paypal as it was their account, it turned out she used her phone to pay and even tho it showed paid on her end it showed nothing in my paypal but ebay had that same message....paypal had to return her payment and she paid me again using the computer instead...

so check the email first as that's usually the problem in these cases.....

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go"
Oscar Wilde
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pplacasse

Call PayPal and ask them to add it back for you.

I have read from a reliable AC poster that they will do this since it was a valid email linked to your account at one time.

I have not done it myself.

Please come back and let us know for sure if they will do this.

Otherwise, you are going to have to Mutually Cancel with the buyer and Relist making sure you edit before uploading.

Be careful, this old addy will upload again in the future. You should not have removed it from PayPal. You can have 8 linked and payments go through even when emails won't.

You can no longer link a direct PayPal payment to an eBay sale/purchase so eBay Buyer Protection is voided by paying a Money Request or using Send Money.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pplacasse

In addition, it could also be an e-check. They usually take several days to clear. Let us know if it doesn't complete soon.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pplacasse

I am in Maine. Buyer in VA. Buyer initiated payment thru Pay-Pal and is being processed. 4 days later I haven't been paid. I have received NO notice of payment sent or received but Ebay states as above (being processed). Pay-Pay shows no record of transaction. Any Clues?

I entered a old email address in the original listing. That Email is no longer valid. The item has sold. What do I do now?