Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

W9 form

W9 form

slipperorchids
Adventurer
Has anyone updated their tax info much later than when they had reminded us? I forgot all about it and updated it today, is it too late for them to send out my W9 form? I emailed them so I'm waiting for their response.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES

Re: W9 form

in reply to Jan 29, 2011 12:16:54 PM
pawnshopsnet
Trailblazer
I would say no -

"PLEASE NOTE that eBay Partner Network (ePN) will be sending a 1099 to the ePN account holder that was listed on each account as of December 31, 2010. We unfortunately can’t make any exceptions."

As they are required by ;aw to have them postmarked by the 31st they are already printed.
-----------------------------------------

Need Cash? Give us a Ring! Visit a Pawn Shop Today!
Message 2 of 7

in reply to Jan 29, 2011 2:06:21 PM
slipperorchids
Adventurer
Has anyone updated their tax info much later than when they had reminded us? I forgot all about it and updated it today, is it too late for them to send out my W9 form? I emailed them so I'm waiting for their response.

Uh oh so now what do I do?
Message 3 of 7

in reply to Jan 29, 2011 2:22:02 PM
slipperorchids
Adventurer
I re-read the message they had sent me, it's exactly the same one as you quoted except that mine doesn't have the last sentence.
Message 4 of 7

in reply to Jan 29, 2011 6:30:49 PM
pawnshopsnet
Trailblazer
I re-read the message they had sent me, it's exactly the same one as you quoted except that mine doesn't have the last sentence.

That was from the blog that the email p[ointed to -

"Hi David Waugh:

A quick reminder to update your online W9 tax information by December 31, 2010 so that we have your latest addresses and tax information.
www.ebaypartnernetworkblog.com/en/news/for-us-publishers-only-%E2%80%93-review-the-accuracy-of-your-w9-information-for-1099-tax-forms-by-dec-31-2010/

Sincerely,
The eBay Partner Netkork Team
"
-----------------------------------------

Need Cash? Give us a Ring! Visit a Pawn Shop Today!
Message 5 of 7

in reply to Jan 30, 2011 6:51:28 AM
notmuchadoaboutnothing
Thrill-Seeker

Uh oh so now what do I do?

Here's the info at the IRS website - read through those couple of paragraphs carefully - hope its helps:

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc154.html
Message 6 of 7

in reply to Jan 30, 2011 7:20:17 AM
slipperorchids
Adventurer
EPN finally responded and said they were going to review it and it should be mailed out no later than Jan 31 which is tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.
Message 7 of 7