eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Account suspended without notice, no reply from ebay (any rep here?)

Hi all,

I run a popular website for collectors. Users there love ebay and I've been promoting ebay on the website for almost 2 years now without affiliate links or rewards of any kind (ie just plain links to searches and items), because ebay is a useful place for collectors which is the target audience of my website. Website was more of a hobby then a business at that time. This was quality traffic, which I am sure matches ebay target audience as well.

Anyway around 3-4 months ago I decided that I might as well get a little income from all the traffic I send to ebay, and I changed all those links to affiliate links. I expected the links to bring only a little income on the side, but they did better then I thought, with earnings rising every month to almost $2,000 last month. I decided to turn the website into a business (ie incorporate it)

3 days ago, I logged into the account to find it suspended. I got no notice of any kind, no email. I immediately sent an email to Network Quality Team as directed, but so far have not received any reply (is that normal?). I am not sure what I did to get my account suspended (again, because I never got any communication before or after the suspension) or whether I can reinstate the account. I couldnt find a phone number or email to contact other then the network quality team email, so was hoping an ebay rep on the boards can read this and contact me tor resolve this issue. I've already started looking at alterantives, but right now I feel in the dark and not sure what to do with all those links in my site to ebay.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Account suspended without notice, no reply from ebay (any rep here?)

in reply to webpaladin

I immediately sent an email to Network Quality Team as directed, but so far have not received any reply (is that normal?)

Yes. Network quality is what they call the paper shredder.

There's no way to help you without knowing how the site is laid out and linked.

My first guess would be that you got banned for either a large pop in revenue or for using javascript window.open on all your links.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to webpaladin
Were you selling stuff on eBay too?
Please use plain text.
mrguyhp
Community Member

in reply to webpaladin
There is a difference between being banned and suspended.

If you can login to your account, your not banned. You're under suspension while quality reviews your site.

I'm betting they sent an email but you missed it or it was put in your spam files. That is the most common cause of missing those emails.

If I read that right, you were sending traffic to eBay with no affiliate links, then added affiliate links and suddenly you start making several thousand per month in less than a few months. That is bound to throw up a red flag and get you suspended until they figure out if your legit.

You had better make sure you not filtering their emails and whitelist anything from them because the only way to contanct them is through the quality team via email.

They will likely ask you about your site, want several weeks of log files. etc...

Until then, I repeat, make sure you're not filtering their emails or you will lose the account for sure.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to webpaladin
@mrguyhp and alssoftware, thank you for chiming in.

Hi webpaladin,

We are sorry to hear that you didn’t get the initial Network Quality e-mail informing you that your account was suspended. The Network Quality team will resend the notice confirming the suspension of your account and let you know how you can contact them.

Please check your spam folders and make sure the e-mails you receive from the Network Quality team don’t land in these folders.
Unfortunately, we don’t offer phone support currently, so please make sure you reply to their e-mail with all the information that they request.

Please understand that we cannot discuss any details about your case here but be assured that the team here takes every investigation very seriously.

Thank you for your support.
Andrea
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to webpaladin
Thanks,

Received the email from the Network Quality team today, will send them the information they need and hopefully get things sorted out.
Please use plain text.