eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
stedne
Community Member
what qualifies as media mail

I have a 1/24 scale diecast that I sent media mail will there be a problem with this or should it be fine. The package size is 13X8X5 and weighs 2.3 LBS. Thanks Jeff

Other Answers: 5
rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stedne

a toy car cannot in any remote way be classified as media.

if the post office inspects the package, your buyer will be hit with a postage due situation.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to stedne

Here is what can be shipped Media Mail:  key word being "Media"

Use for:

Books

Film

Manuscripts

Printed music

Printed test materials

Sound recordings

Play scripts

Printed educational charts

Loose-leaf pages and binders consisting of medical information

Videotapes and computer recorded media such as CD-ROMS and diskettes

Community Member
Answered
in reply to stedne

You can look it up at usps.com. Media Mail is for media, books etc. Definitely not for die cast cars. Media Mail is subject to inspection. So don't be surprised if the buyer is aked to pay extra fees and contacts you.

nc-daydreamer
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stedne

Media Mail is ONLY for records, CD's, books, DVD's, cassette tapes, 8-track tapes, VHS tapes, manuscripts, and such.  Not even magazines qualify because they contain advertising.  A toy is certainly NOT media.

Media mail is subject to being opened and inspected.  If it is discovered (and it probably will because the size of the package and i'ts weight makes it obvious it is not a media item) you could be in trouble (remember the mail is Federal) and the buyer will be charged the correct postage - else it won't be delivered to them - it will come back to you and you must pay correct postage.

=====================================
If you don't stand up for something, then you'll likely fall for anything.
mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stedne

Why would it be fine??  Yes, you could have a big problem if the package is inspected, which they often are.