eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
what does electronic shipping info received mean?

Hello!  I sent out a group of packages on Monday the 18th.  My local carrier picks up from our front door.  Looking at the tracking data from one of them it shows the following:

WARRENDALE, PA, 15095, USNovember 20, 201318:18:00DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY
WARRENDALE, PA, 15095, USNovember 20, 201306:43:00PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
LAKEWOOD, OH, 44107, USNovember 20, 201305:28:00ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
LAKEWOOD, OH, 44107, USNovember 18, 201317:00:00ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED
44107, USNovember 18, 201301:46:00Electronic Notification

Based on this, does this mean they are claiming they didn't get it into their facility until the 20th?  Then it looks like I delayed sending the item.  Was it one the carrier's truck for 2 days?

Now I have an irate customer who bought something, paid for it on Saturday the 16th after our shipments went out, and is livid since he thinks we didn't send it out until the Wednesday the 20th.  He is also complaining about the cost and claims he is a USPS employee and knows nothing takes this long of costs this much, when the truth is we sent it out 2 days earlier than he thinks and we only charged about 35 cents over our cost due to rounding the weight when putting up the listing.  Now he is promising negtive feedback.

Any one else have this problem with tracking?  What does "electronic shipping info received" really mean versus "electronic notification"?  Any way around getting a negative since he's basically blaming us for things out of our control (postal costs and an error at the post office)?  Thanks in advance!

Other Answers: 3
sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to clsman

Wow, what an ugly buyer!! Electronic shipping info means a label has been printed. Sometimes that will show all the way up until it's delivered.

Put that baddie buyer on your blocked bidder list ASAP!!. If negative feedback is left then you can call eBay, but I doubt anything will be done. Sorry.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

bed*envy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to clsman

What is your handling time on your listings?  Obviously the mail staff didn't pick up your shipment at 5:30 in the morning on the 20th, so at the latest it would have been the 19th when it was dropped off/picked up.

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to clsman

Now he is promising negtive feedback.

If his promise turns into a threat (e.g., refund my shipping cost or else I'll leave a negative), you can report this to eBay as Feedback Extortion:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

As Sunny advised... put this eBay member's ID on your Blocked Bidders List.

Good luck!

Graciously Grin When You Growl