eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
shipping to canada do i have to fill declaration forms, or stuff like that

I'm on the fence about internl shipping. is it the same paper work for canada as is to austrailia. declaration's, extra paper work?

Other Answers: 7
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fashionexchangesandiego

To sell internationally I believe you have to have a feedback score of at least 10.

Community Member
Answered

"is it the same paper work for canada as is to austrailia"

Yes it is the same set of forms regardless of county. As mentioned earlier, one set of forms for $400 & under using First class or Priority international.

And a differant, slightly more to fill out form with items valued more than $400 and/or using Express Mail or Global Express International.

Good luck

Community Member
Answered

Hello again

I should add, that you are pretty new to ebay...9/12 and if it was me I might ONLY ship internationally to canada to start. Then once you are "comfortable" and have some international selling/shipping experience, you might open your auctions to one or more of the "safe countries" to ship to. They are (not in any particular order) canada, japan, australia/new zealand, the UK/ireland & northern european countries.(france, spain, netherlands.belgium, germany, switzerland, denmark...you get the idea)

"Safe" meaning their postal services are as reliable as our USPS and their customs takes a "reasonable" amount of time to process packages. (thought any package can be held up if their are issues or questions)

Then once you have LOTS of experience selling overseas, if desired sell worldwide.

Good luck

Community Member
Answered

Hi: I am from Canada(Ottawa Ontario) and do alot of business from the States. As for all parcels you fill out a declaration form, small and it is put on the parcel at the post office along with the appropriate postage.

It should not take very long as the form will ask for item. price, from who to whom the parcel is being sent to and a price. Also they ask if it is a gift ect. and you check the approriate box. That is it. When unsure just drop by your postal station and ask.

Please mail to Canada as you will do alot of business!!!

Thank you for this question as I often contact sellors who do not list to Canada but when asked they will do this 90% of the time.

Hope this is helpfull in your decision to mail to Canada.

Michael

vista_coins
Community Member
Answered

https://www.usps.com/ship/customs-forms.htm

Everyone should know these 4 things:
1) Buyer Protection - 30 days to file a claim from delivery date
2) Auctions are binding contracts
3) Click on Customer Support to find all answers
4) Problems are resolved in the Resolution Center
Community Member
Answered

Hello. Yes it is the same customs forms your filled out for Australia. Under $400 and using USPS First Class International or Priority International, then it is a pretty simple/basic custom form asking for your name & address, the buyers name & address, a simple desc, qty, the value and then your signature & date. That's it...takes me an extra 3 minutes

If the value of the item(s) is greater that $400 and/or using USPS Express Mail International or Global Express than the form asks for a little bit more info. (but not much)

"I'm on the fence about internl shipping"

I would not be...international sales has increased my auction end prices, increased the number of my sales and kept the $$ flowing my way when sales were slow in the USA. At times international sales are half of my total sales. And my BEST customers are overseas...australia. You are selling lady's apparel which does not damage easily in shipment. (unlike the pottery, glass & vintage vinyl that I sell) For me the little bit of extra effort/time to fill out paper work and package a little bit better is WELL WORTH the extra sales and $$. But it is your call...Good luck.

karl*katz
Community Member
Answered

What are the requirements for selling internationally?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/sell_international_requirements.html