eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member
shipping a full length fur coat

I just sold a full length fur coat. What is the best way to send it from Florida to NJ?

Thank you 

54" length x 40"?

Other Answers: 6
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to torywillardvictoria

Since your listing states you will ship Priority Mail, you must ship Priority Mail. None of the Priority Mail cartons will hold the coat, so you'll need to get a carton that will fit it. You can purchase one at an office supply store. Presumably you have a storage bag for the coat, but if not, I would get a zippered storage bag to put it in. Then wrap that in several plastic bags to protect it from weather. Don't pack it too tightly. Be sure that it isn't possible for the recipient to slit the coat when opening the carton.

As advised, you MUST ship with Signature Confirmation and you will want to insure. Don't let the post office talk you out of Signature Confirmation. The insurance signature does not count for Seller Protection.

I noticed on your listing that you stated you will consider all offers. For future reference, that is a policy violation. If you want to consider offers, you must list with Best Offer.

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered

Ummmm....in a box?

auntella
Community Member
Answered

If it is the J. Mendel Full Length Brown Mink Fur Coat 8, I would pack it very good in a very sturdy box. You may want to seal it in a plastic bag in case it comes into contact with some kind of liquid while in transit. Make sure you insure it and get Signature Confirmation on it.

UPS or Fed-Ex may be the best way to ship it. The amount you charged for shipping should be plenty to send it. You might want to see if you can call UPS and see what they say about shipping it.

Community Member
Answered

yes, that is obvious - might you know a good carrier and how to package it ? sorry if my question left so much room for that response. I appreciate your help. thank you 

auntella
Community Member
Answered

You might want to read this about packing a fur coat.

http://www.howtoship.com/how-to-ship-a-fur-coat/

maggie_kai
Community Member
Answered

Your listing stated you would ship this via US Priority Mail - so you ship via US Priority Mail.

INCLUDE SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION and INSURANCE.

I would hate for you to lose $2800 in a claim of non-receip or a lost item.  

You must have signature confirmation to win a claim of non-receipt.

Insurance is for your protection in case it gets lost in the mail.

Good luck.!