eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

jwarrenzc90
Community Member
Accepted Solution

do i have to print a shipping label from ebay or paypal ?

if i sold an item and needed to ship it to the buyer,   am i required to print my shipping label straight from either ebay or paypal ?

or not ?        

for some reason i thought i had to print the shipping label straight from ebay or paypal since its somehow connected to my account and the item / transaction that was made,       but i want to know if i can just get a label made from a shipping store and simply ship it from there ?            

recently i had a problem where i was'nt able to print my shipping label from paypal,  and kept showing an error,    so i did'nt know what to do?,     cause i thought i had to print the shipping label straight from paypal?,      so thats why i needed to find out if i can just have a label made at a shipping store outside and just ship it from there without worrying about printing labels from online ?

any help would be appreciated

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: do i have to print a shipping label from ebay or paypal ?

in reply to jwarrenzc90

I have never in nearly 14 years printed a label online.  I take all items to the post office and mail over the counter.  You will have to download the tracking numbers to each auction and mark them as shipped but you DO NOT have to print and purchase your postage from ebay.

Please use plain text.
jwarrenzc90
Community Member

in reply to kattinsanity

thanks a lot for confirming that for me,     its something i should of known already by now,  

if i had the shipping service as UPS for my item,   then do i have to ship it using UPS no matter what ?        or could i use fedex or usps ?                      if i had to ship it UPS,  can it be in a fedex package ?      if thats all the place had for me to buy ?    

i don't think places like kinkos ships stuff UPS,   but they do with FedEX & USPS,    so do you know the types of places i could use to ship UPS ?      or is there any types of UPS drop-boxes you can drop it in (sort of similar to mailboxes) ?     

if you know answers to any of those extra questions i threw in there ,   it would be cool,    if not then thanks anyway

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jwarrenzc90

I am in a tiny town of 500 and UPS is shipped through the hardware store at the edge of town.  One sure place to ship UPS is Staples.    They have a counter there for UPS shipping.

Please use plain text.
black*max
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to kattinsanity

As far has what service you use, you should use the service you listed in the listing.

When you ship, click mark item shipped and you will be ask for the tracking number.

Be sure to add the tracking number to your open case also.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-It's One World... One Family - It's time to grow up-
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to black*max

You have to ship the method you state.

I looked at one of your listings (the $9.99 one) with free shipping and you are offering "One-day Shipping (USPS Priority Mail Express®)" This will cost you $27.68 to ship. Not a very good way to make any money.

You better look at all of your listings and revise the shipping terms/methods if possible. I would actually end them all and start over.

Please use plain text.