eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
buyer refuses pay shipping

Buyer win auction for two my items both were listed buyer pays for shipping i send invoice with combined shipping fee to a buyer and got a message from buyer that listing says shipping is free and she offered me to void the shipping then she will pay for it but how could this be possible if shipping calculated true Ebay this means i listed shipping needs to be payed by buyer . Whats my next step ? How can i prove that original listing did not include a free shipping ? 

Accepted Solution
craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fashionhotseller87

How can i prove that original listing did not include a free shipping ?

tell your buyer to look at the listing on a real computer...'free shipping' seems to be a glitch on phone apps.

Other Answers: 3
itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered

Your buyer was no doubt viewing your listings from a mobile phone.

The problem is NOT your buyer fault but it's not YOUR fault either. ebay can't seem to get a grip and FIX the issue!

Explain to your buyer that it's a very common issue and a know ebay glitch, that when viewing listings from a mobile phone buyers are seeing free shipping even when the listing DOES NOT advertise it.

You can even suggest that she come here and ask so that she can verify that you are telling her the truth.

Then at that point, if she doesn't want to pay shipping...offer to send her cancellations (again, it wasn't her fault either...she DID see free shipping).

fossil_diver
Community Member
Answered

Tell the buyer about the mobile app glitch and send them a link to this discussion so they can read it. If they still won't pay then open an unpaid item case after the 2nd day. DO NOT waste your time sending them a cancellation request. If they deny the cancellation you will not be able to open a unpaid item case or send another cancellation request.

whering660
Community Member
Answered

You could also explain to her that it is impossible to go to your listing and change the terms of shipping after there is a bid. You also can't change if the auction is within 12 hrs of closing with no bids.