eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
hartskey
Community Member
Accepted Solution
What is the best way to combine shipping and reduce the shipping cost when 2 BIN items have already been paid with instant payment?

Buyer purchased 2 items with buy it now and paid for both. I can combine the 2 for a better shipping rate, but since the shipping is already included in the instant payments, how do I handle it?

Accepted Solution
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hartskey

You can ship both items in one package, but since the buyer bought them as separate transactions, please be aware that you will not have tracking for one of the items, since you are only printing one label.

Shipping two items in one package (if they're bought as separate transactions), is kind of risky, because the buyer could potentially say that they only received one item, even though you included both.

Other Answers: 1
leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hartskey

In my corner of the world, separate payments means a request for separate shipments. 

Someone will be along in a minute to tell you why I am wrong. But then I have never had someone say the second item was not in the shipment. Quantities of the same item in one payment is different.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.