eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
What is ebay's policy for lost mail? If the USPS lost the package, what is the seller's responsibility to the buyer, if any. Thx.

USPS returned my mailing label with a form to fill out asking what was in the box. I don't know what happened to the box. I filled out the form and added a photo of the contents of the package (books) and sent it all to their "lost mail" center in GA. (The package was headed to WA from CO). It's been a couple of weeks and neither the buyer nor I have heard anything.

Other Answers: 4
22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to salamiguy

It is the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer in as described condition.

If they fail to do that, then they will be required to refund the buyer in full.

This is why insurance is for the benefit of the seller, not the buyer.  

Buyers have Buyer Protection.

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to salamiguy

The policy is that the seller is responsible for the delivery of the item in as described condition, the reason why that did not happen has nothing to do with it.

Seller is responsible, period.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to salamiguy

You can continue to try to trace the item working with the P.O., but meantime you need to refund the buyer original shipping and price of item.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to salamiguy

Your responsibility was to get the item to the buyer in the condition you described. this didn't happen, so now you refund the buyer's entire payment.

If the package gets found, you should get it back, but this has no bearing on the refund you will be giving to the buyer today.