eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
conowingo1927
Community Member
What does "Manifest Ack" mean on USPS tracking?

When I checked on a USPS delivery tracking is indicated delivered, but has the notation "Manifest Ack".  What is this?

Other Answers: 6
1shoppinurse
Community Member
Answered
in reply to conowingo1927

I went to track an item and it said "delivered" and "manifest ack". It was not delivered to me, and the location it said it was delivered to was the location of the origination. Should I be concerned? Why does it say it was delivered? Thanks.

Community Member
Answered

Manifest Ack on eBay = Electronic Shipping Info Received by USPS

See post 7 http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Miscellaneous/Manifest-Ack/1000267197

Community Member
Answered

Ack basically means an acknowledgement of a package logged into a manifest.  The postal service receives numerous packages which are recorded in a manifest.  Sometimes a Mail person picking up from your mail box or one of their blue drop box will scan what they pick up.  I see Ack on packages I drop in the blue boxes quite often. Not the ones outside the post office but other locations.  Never been a problem. Takes a day longer than the post office if you miss the pick up time though.

skwasniak64
Community Member
Answered

Here is the link to the USPS explaination.  http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/misc/manifest.htm  I think it simply means you printed via Ebay and the post office has confirmed the weight, size and amount of postage.  If you send it at the USPS counter or on their scale, I don't think this happens.  It's only when you print the postage from home and put it in a drop box that can't weigh and confirm postage.

deals-gorilla
Community Member
Answered
MA Manifest Acknowledgment An “electronic acceptance” of the record representing the mail piece in the Product Tracking System (PTS) database generated by receipt/processing of the electronic file sent by the mailer. This not a physical scan of the package.
epic_units
Community Member
Answered

Also... To add to this information

Manifested (Postage Paid)

Postage is applied to the mail piece and ready for induction into the U.S. Postal stream.