eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
USPS Tracking says forwarded since Nov. 3... why have there been no updates?

I sent an item priority mail with tracking. On Nov. 3rd it said out for delivery, then it says undeliverable as addressed, then it said forwarded. It's now Nov. 8th... I'm just curious as to why there has not been an update saying it was delivered? I would think that it shouldn't take any longer than an additional 2-3 days to get to the forwarded address... has anybody else ever had this happen? Please don't reply and tell me that delivery confirmation is not tracking or explain what forwarded mail is, I understand all of that. What I'm asking is if anyone else has ever had this happen to them and how many additional days did it take to get delivered? Also, does the status change to delivered once it actually arrives at the forwarded address?

Other Answers: 8
maneki-neko-nook
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nbaby242

I think I answered this already...once an item is forwarded, it loses its original tracking number and is given a new one to the new destination.  This is done at the post office.  There is no cross referencing on this  that will allow you to see the original tracking.

I haven't had my coffee yet, so forgive my typing....The only question you may regret is the one you never asked!
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nbaby242

Just an idea, have you contacted your buyer?

It would be a good idea to let them know what happened and then get the new address, and mention that he/she should update their information on  Ebay and Paypal

maneki-neko-nook
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nbaby242

it can take up to 7 days, as it is a manual process to look up and add the forwarding info.  and No, it won't show delivered, as it is a DIFFERENT number...

I haven't had my coffee yet, so forgive my typing....The only question you may regret is the one you never asked!
craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nbaby242

"I would think that it shouldn't take any longer than an additional 2-3 days to get to the forwarded address.."

you have no idea where it has been forwarded to...or what level of service USPS uses to forward the item.

lacemaker3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nbaby242

I think I answered this already...once an item is forwarded, it loses its original tracking number and is given a new one to the new destination.  This is done at the post office.  There is no cross referencing on this  that will allow you to see the original tracking.

No, that is not correct. Not according to the post office. Why would they do that? It doesn't make any sense.

When a package is forwarded, the original tracking number will still get updated. Unless it gets damaged and is not readable I suppose, but that doesn't have anything to do with the package being forwarded.

FYI, if an item gets forwarded (or reshipped) from the address on the transaction, then ebay Buyer Protection does not apply.

fashionsandbeauty4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nbaby242

Your best bet is to take the delivery confirmation number you have to your post office and ask that a supervisor look up your package. They have access to information that the general public does not. They can also give you a better idea of how long it might take to get to your Buyer.

I had sent a package that was undeliverable as addressed. Delivery was attempted on a Tuesday, then again that Saturday and then started it's journey back to me. That took another 16 days.

Answered
in reply to nbaby242

I would not bother the buyer unless he contacts you. You don't need to give an antsy buyer any excuse! Just wait and see what happens and if the buyer should contact you, first tell them to be patience while you investigate the matter. That will buy you sometime. Then you need to contact the buyer's P.O. office and question them to any information they may have. Then since I have never had this issue, I would contact eBay & PayPal as to what there policy is. From my understanding as long as you ship to the PayPal listed address. Which should be automatic, if you print your label with eBay or PayPal, then you are covered and the buyer losses their protect, because they enacted a forward on there mail.

If you want to be preemptive, then by all means contact the buyer's P.O. and eBay/PayPal and get ready. But by no means EVER EVER contact the buyer first!

:-)

BBL: Blocked Bidder List... BIN: Buy It Now... BO: Best Offer... BR: Bid Retraction... DC: Delivery Confirmation DSR: Detailed Seller Rating FB: Feedback FRB: Flat Rate Box FVF: Final Value Fee IPR: Immediate Payment Required NARU: Not A Registered User OP: Original Poster OT: Off Topic PM: Priority Mail.... PS: Power Seller.... SNAD: Significantly Not As Described...... TRS: Top Rated Seller...... UIA: Unpaid Item Assistant..... UID: Unpaid Item Dispute
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nbaby242

nbaby242, so did it ever change to delivered?

strangest thing happened to me. i tripled-checked my address for the package i bought, both e-mail (paypal/ebay) invoices and their respective sites have my current address listed as the shipping address. there is no sign of my previous address anywhere, but i contacted the seller once i got the 'undeliverable' and 'forwarded' status and the seller said it showed and she shipped to my old address. it must have been some technical error with ebay or paypal? i REMOVED my old addresses a week before i even bought the item. there is no other way she would have my previous address.

anyway, it's stuck on 'forwarded' since dec 17 and its now the 21st. i only moved about 5 blocks from my old house and have a change of address in effect. i wonder how long this will take, especially with the holidays.