eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

milesbella
Community Member

USPS Priority Mail All Over the Place

I sold an item on Friday and shipped it out Saturday, November 16th via Priority Mail.  Shipping from 50131 (Iowa) to 79072 (Plainview, TX).  It was supposed to arrive in 3 days - November 20th.  The package made it to Coppell, TX but was then sent to Kearny, NJ.  Now it's back in Amarillo, TX but STILL not out for delivery.  

Should I contact the buyer to give them a heads up that it's a USPS delay (and out of my control)?  Or just continue to wait it out?  Will contacting my post office have any effect to speed this up?  The item had free shipping so is there any chance any of my shipping stars will get dinged?  I did upload the tracking information on Saturday, November 16th.

Product & Tracking Information

Postal Product:
Features:
  • USPS Tracking™

Date & TimeStatus of ItemLocation

November 21, 2013

Depart USPS Sort Facility

AMARILLO, TX 79120 

November 21, 2013 , 3:34 am

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

AMARILLO, TX 79120 

November 20, 2013

KEARNY, NJ 07032 

November 20, 2013 , 12:54 am

KEARNY, NJ 07032 

November 19, 2013 , 11:28 pm

KEARNY, NJ 07032 

November 18, 2013

COPPELL, TX 75099 

November 17, 2013 , 9:58 pm

COPPELL, TX 75099 

November 16, 2013

DES MOINES, IA 50318 

November 16, 2013 , 9:03 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

DES MOINES, IA 50318 

November 16, 2013 , 6:40 pm

Dispatched to Sort Facility

ANKENY, IA 50021 

November 16, 2013 , 6:10 pm

Acceptance

ANKENY, IA 50021 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: USPS Priority Mail All Over the Place

in reply to milesbella

Your DSR for shipping cost is a guaranteed 5 with free shipping, but the automatic 5 for shipping time requires delivery in 4 business days which would be today.

The package has departed Amarillo so you have to wait to see where it lands next.  Amarillo is only an hour or two from Plainville so it's probably the nearest major sorting center -- that's a good thing!  Coppell is 400 miles from Plainville, so one posible scenario is that the package initially got sent to the wrong sorting center in TX and had to be routed through NJ in order to get to the correct sorting center (rather than going directly from one TX location to the other).

Please use plain text.
*partly*cloudy*
Community Member

in reply to milesbella
Wow. It has traveled around. I wouldn't contact the buyer. They can see (and hopefully understand) that this is beyond your control. It looks like it's in the right place now.

Good luck.
"Here Comes the Sun..." — George Harrison | Abbey Road > 1969
Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

in reply to *partly*cloudy*

With the exception of going to NJ and back, that tracking looks pretty normal.  As for the Jersey thing, the parcel was probably just put into the wrong bin at the sorting center.

As for 3 day delivery, don't expect that at this time of year.  Mail volume increases substantially during November and December (and October during election years), which slows down processing.

The only domestic guaranteed delivery service offered by USPS is Express, with a 2-day guarantee to most of the U.S.

Please use plain text.
milesbella
Community Member

in reply to billy_biggle_fan

It's now showing as "Arrival at Post Office" so maybe it will still go out for delivery today (fingers crossed).

Billy-Biggle - I ship a lot through my FT job (as well as through my Ebay sales) and I would say in my experience, the post office has gotten a lot BETTER in the last few months.  Most of my priority packages are delivered in two days.  I know this will change with the holidays fast approaching; unfortunately, Ebay doesn't cut us any slack for our shipping time star for things that are out of our control.

Thanks everyone.

Please use plain text.
*partly*cloudy*
Community Member

in reply to milesbella
You're welcome. Thanks for the update.
"Here Comes the Sun..." — George Harrison | Abbey Road > 1969
Please use plain text.
gporpc
Community Member