eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
oliverstreats
Community Member
Shipping to countries using E-USPS DELCON INTL.

Started shipping to Canada last week through USPS first class international mail, using the E-USPS Delcon Intl. My Items have been tracked with a delivery confirmation to my buyers. Does anyone know if this service is available to use with any other countries other then Canada? I read an article when this service started in January, that Canada would be the first to use this service, but more would follow. Any information you can give me will be appreciated.Thanks, Mike

Other Answers: 15
thelemmingfairy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oliverstreats

I too shipped a package using the E-Delcon Service to Australia. I should say several packages.... and all went out E-Delcon. I am keeping track of my international shipments in which I used the new service, and so far going back about 2 months the ONLY confirmation I have gotten was to CANADA. Whoever posted Canada above was absolutely correct!

It seems that even though there are tracking numbers on each package, it is still up to the international countries to inform the US Postal Service that the package was delivered. And they aren't.

The information on that came from a good friend who works for the USPS. So, even though your international lables are printed out with tracking numbers, the only country that actually has tracking is Canada. But thats exactly as it was before...

It seems we have exactly the same options for shipping internationally as we did before. Just because Ebay and the USPS added a tracking number, we as sellers feel more safe shipping abroad. The only people making out on this, so far, is (drum roll please) Ebay and the USPS!

Until other countries are forced to return shipping notification there is NO TRACKING. Well, it tracks until it leaves the US and then it's swallowed into the black international hole.

I have also shipped to Sweden, Germany, UK and Denmark. Same thing.

Unless you want to pay the costs for Priority boxes, BUT WAIT, the SMALL Priority boxes are no longer TRACKED. So if you want to ship international you are forced to buy a Medium or Large Priority box. Australia is $59.95 for a Medium and $77.95 but the tracking is FREE folks.

I sent a small priority box today to Australia and paid $23.95 just for the box and another $12.95 for delivery confirmation.

This may be something that the USPS is working on but I feel people should know....

luigicrema06
Community Member
Answered

I was printing a shipping label to Australia and to England and they both have tracking #s available.  This is great !!!

socalbelts
Community Member
Answered

I just printed a FCI label for an item shipping to Israel. Looks like e-delcon is on the shipping label so I can confirm e-delcon is now offered for Israel.

frodobagginskennedy
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]

beginning July 28th they are adding an additional 15 countries. 

The USPS said it would throw in free Delivery Confirmation for FCPIS, but has been slow to roll it out.

Beginning July 28, the USPS is adding free Electronic Delivery Confirmation to 15 additional countries for First Class Package International Service. Those countries are the following:

Australia Belgium Brazil Croatia Denmark France Germany Great Britain Ireland Israel Netherlands New Zealand Spain Sweden Switzerland.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Community Member
Answered

Shipping to Brazil with E-Delcon is getting much better!

Tracking still needs to be updated on USPS.com
Brazil post office website shows more details. ( http://www.correios.com.br/ )

Tracking Number: LZ483119806US

LYNNWOOD, WA 98036

September 7, 2013 , 12:38 pm

INFORMATION FROM BRAZIL POST OFFICE:

History of object LZ483119806US
31/10/2013 16:42 Delivered
25/10/2013 09:46 Item is available for delivery
NITEROI - RJ / AC SANTA ROSA
24/10/2013 08:48 Forwarded
from NITEROI - RJ / CDD ICARAI to NITEROI - RJ / AC SANTA ROSA
23/10/2013 06:37 Forwarded
from RIO DE JANEIRO - RJ / CTE BENFICA to RIO DE JANEIRO - RJ / CDD ICARAI
22/10/2013 17:12 Forwarded
from SAO PAULO - SP / CTCI SAO PAULO/GEEXP to SAO PAULO - SP / CTE BENFICA
01/10/2013 11:04 Forwarded
from SAO PAULO - SP / UNIDADE TRAT INTERNACIONAL SAO PAULO to SAO PAULO - SP / FISCALIZACAO ADUANEIRA
07/09/2013 12:38 Posted
- / ESTADOS UNIDOS

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5038/5xxy.jpg

ALL OTHER PACKAGES HAVE CLEARED CUSTOMS!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

THIS INFORMATION IS IN ENGLISH

For this particular package the buyer filed a claim,  he had a low feedback and never bought items from the USA.    Let's say he did not have much experience on how long packages to to be delivered in Brazil.     

I told him that packages to Brazil can take up to 2 months for delivery depending on the  location.     He has closed the case and messaged me that his item has arrived and was happy.  

22shoes
Community Member
Answered

Currently only Canada.

The usps link:

http://pe.usps.com/search/jsp/search/vv_docread.jsp?k2dockey=http%3A%2F%2Fpe.usps.com%2Ftext%2Fimm%2...

Book mark the link.

If additional countries are added to the program, they should appear in the link.

Community Member
Answered
Community Member
Answered

I'm glad they have included these other ocuntries for Electronic Delivery Confirmation. International sales were 60% of my business but I had to stop since too many were claiming they  never received the item and I had no proof since I did not use the very expensive registred mail. Now it will be easier to resume servicing those customers.

Thanks for all the above info.

ravenslegacy
Community Member
Answered

Today the option for delcon first class international appeard for us when printing lables on a regular (non-EBAY GLOBAL) order to Great Britan (UK / England). 
Very exciting!  We did well a few years ago when international first class was not an option on ebay as we used the stamps.com service, since then our 'edge' went away.  But we have had so many issues with first class getting lost or delayed, we had for a while switched to the eBay Global Shipping Program on most items.  Now I think we'll re-visit those global-only listings and change them to first class, but perhaps only to the uspsdelconintl countries.  It's hard to sell a $25-30 item when shipping is also $25-30 via Priority, so adding First Class with delivery confirmation is a great help!

I found this list by googling e-usps delcon intl.  (Ebay will not allow me to post the link to the USPS site.)

Australia
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Croatia
Denmark
France
Germany
Great Britain
Israel
Netherlands
New Zealand
Spain
Switzerland

superstars8x10s
Community Member
Answered

Australia. Germany. Belgium. Great Britain. Brazil. Israel. Canada.   Netherlands. Croatia. New Zealand. Denmark. Spain. France. Switzerland. united kingdom

Community Member
Answered

Yes it does. I used it for shipping to Switzerland

captnhowdy29
Community Member
Answered

Many countries support e-Delcon services by USPS now. Many European countries do and more are getting added all the time. Australia and New Zealand were just added for instance. The Postal Service is making an effort to get countries to join a universal Postal Committee so international packages will be scanned and at a much cheaper price than UPS or Fed Ex. Call your local Post Office and they may be able to give you a list of countries that support the e-Delcon scans.

dianamg86
Community Member
Answered

Shipped a 3 lb box this way to Canada on 12/10/13. Nothing on the tracking has updated. It only shows package was accepted.  I realize this is a busy time of year and packages take longer, especially first class. So if Canada never updates tracking, where does that leave me?? Am I responsible to refund the seller if tracking never shows delivered??? Worried now about using this type of shipping.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered

Link in my 7-13-2013 response is no longer active on usps.com

Try this link:

http://pe.usps.com/widgets/hyperlinking/highlighted-viewserver.jsp?id=784&title=232%20Eligibility&ur...

merchant_exchange
Community Member
Answered

I shipped an item to Australia using E-DELCON