eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
pandorasbox4399
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Shipping to APO - Invalid Address?

I have a buyer who has an APO address. I have tried several times to print her label, but it won't allow it as it keeps saying that the address is invalid. However, the buyer said it is correct as entered & she has made several purchases recently.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pandorasbox4399

The "address" line should be their Unit and Box# or PSC#.

The "City" is "APO"

The "State" is AE, AP, or AA

The country is USA

USAG-BAGRAM may be allowed under Address line 2, but not for the main address. My sister was overseas military for many years, and I don't recall ever showing a foreign location on her address - it was all Units, APO, etc.

https://www.usps.com/ship/apo-fpo-guidelines.htm

ijazzu
Community Member
Answered

US Army Garrison Bagram in Afghanistan is USAG-Bagram

It's valid, try using Click & Ship directly from usps.com or Try putting the entire address in google and see if it shows up the same, otherwise you may need to just write it out and purchase label from the post office (since you can't really get much more help from the buyer)

Sorry I can't be of more help

ijazzu
Community Member
Answered

The address may be correct but you may have to edit due to how many charactor's they have on one line. You may just need to break up the address so it fits correctly on the address lines provided on the label. (Click the "edit" buyers address on the shipping label purchase page and it will tell you if too many charactor's are on one line)

Other Answers: 5
colorfreedom
Community Member
Answered

Why doesn't eBay issue specific guidelines for shipping to APO/FPO addresses.  Every time it's an easter egg hunt and a pain.  It needs to be on the Customer Support search engine, but enter "APO" or "mail" and all you get is a bunch of links for "email" issues.  Those of us in Afghanistan are 12 hours ahead of most shippers and it's hard to do real-time coordination.

Hello...Ebay?

__john__
Community Member
Answered

ebay just needs to fix this in their system. I have contacted them several times via phone and they say they will fix it but then never do.

i would recommend just writing the label yourself and forget ebays printing system for APO's. 

Hello EBAY please fix this!

ijazzu
Community Member
Answered

USAG-BAGRAM , bagram would be the city the USAG may need to be before the city? 

Apo ae 09354

pandorasbox4399
Community Member
Answered

Exactly. I used to live in Germany, stationed there with USAF. I still remember the "address" we had & thought it was funny there was no PSC # Box ####

Let me try putting it on Bagram on the second line.

Thanks for the help, all!

pandorasbox4399
Community Member
Answered

I just tried that & it didn't work.

The problem is with the "street address" line & the error it is giving says:

This address was not found in this city.

This is what is entered into that line:

USAG-BAGRAM