eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Shipping Manifest for post office
The postal clerk told me that I should be able to print a shipping manifest for her that lists all the shipments that I have going out for the day. That way, she can scan the barcode on the list instead of each package separately. I can't find how to print the shipping manifest. Does anyone use this tool Can you tell me how to do it".
Accepted Solution
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng
What your postal clerk is referring to is a Scan Form (not a manifest). If you print your labels through PayPal instead of eBay and use Multi Order shipping, you can print a Scan Form for all the labels you print in that batch. The post office (or your carrier if you use carrier pickup) scans the form and it is entered into the system. Your buyers will see the package is in the hands of USPS that evening. I print all my labels this way. If you currently ship through eBay instead of PayPal and want to try it, go to your Account tab > Site Preferences > Shipping preferneces and uncheck the box called Pay for shipping and print U.S. Postal Service labels on eBay. When you log into PayPal, you'll see the Multi Order shipping link over on the right.

Other Answers: 7
Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng
I forgot to add: There could be some software available on the market that would enable you to scan the label and add that to a manifest. Everytime you add another step in your shipping process you run the risk of a mistake. It's much better and safer to have USPS scan each package into there system. With a manifest if just one of those bars prints light you have a package or item in the system that can't be tracked because it doesn't exsist.
disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng

I use to use Paypal multi-order shipping, and it was easy to print a SCAN form.

I now use ebay shipping, and print my SCAN form there.  ebay offers the regional rate boxes, padded priority flat rate envelopes, and other packaging options that Paypal does not.

My ebay > Selling > Sold  > Awaiting shipment

Click all the items you want to ship > Print shipping label

Change any weights/etc as needed and print.  You can then select the SCAN sheet as well as the Receipt and Package List.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng

a shipping manifest is a service offered by usps in their click and ship system for online users only. after the last lable is printed for a specific day a shipper has the option of printing a scan form (usps PS Form 5630) for that day. their system records the tracking number of each item you are shipping that day and  when they scan the barcode on the manifest it automatically checks in the individual tracking number for each item on the manifest. the benifit is no more waiting for them to scan the multiple items; one click and they are all scanned into their system. go to usps.com for the details of this program. i am trying to get ebay and paypal to adopt this same system for those of us that use the ebay or paypal shipping service.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng
I live in a rural area. I asked the Postmaster if there was anything I could do to make his job easier. His reply was "no" since all shipments don't enter the USPS system until they hit the regional or sorting center. Best advice is to ask the Postmaster at your USPS office.
grafton41
Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng

USPS is taking eight to  nine days from the time of Post office recieval for USPS shipping to US location on quite a number of my package shipments this month.   I thought USPS small package it was supposed to be 2-5 days.  Customers have not been to keen on this.   Is something going on?  They have not taken this long in the past

Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng

I think your postmaster is lazy. My post office says they have to scan every bar code that comes into the office to show the first point of contact. Otherwise, all the customer sees is that you printed a shipping label. The next scan is the plant where she is saying is where the first scan is. The post office told me you can create manifests on ebay/paypal shipping. I can not find it. She told me if I had any difficulties with it, to come back and they have a handout on it. Good luck!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to frick1eng

My Post Office had been encouraging me to just put items with prepaid postage (PayPal or Click-N-Ship) on the counter and they would take care of it without waiting in line.Now the clerk is telling me I am going to need a manifest. Which is how I found this thread. When I bring the items in and ask for a receipt, the item shows on eBay as "Acceptance" which is critical for PayPal and seller protection. If I just leave it on the counter, it depends on who scns it and when. If the scan form, aka manifest, doesn't indicate acceptance, it may not do you much good with PayPal. I had one get delayed, 9 days from when I printed the labe to acceptance at the Post Office. For which the Post Office has no answer. Item still hasn't  been delivered and PayPal has my money on hold. So I would suggest not going along with any system that doesn't show your item being accepted by the Post Office on MyeBay Selling almost immediately after you deliver the item to the Post Office.