eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Package "missent" by USPS according to the tracking info... I mailed it "Priority Mail" on Monday, and it has not yet arrived to buyer,

Package "missent" by USPS according to the tracking info... I mailed it "Priority Mail" on Monday, and it has not yet arrived to buyer...

I had a listing that had 3 quantity available. She purchased all 3. The Shipping Method listed was Priority Mail, and there was no combined shipping listed on the listing. She Paid in Full, including all 3 shipping charges, and then sent me a message stating she did not want Priority Mail, so could I send it to her regular mail and adjust the shipping charges (after she already paid).

I was going to give a discount anyway, so I refunded her for partial shipping, but the difference between Parcel Post and Priority was like $2, so I paid the difference and shipped Priority anyway, but now the tracking info says "missent" and it has not yet arrived to her (mailed on Monday 11/26).. Is that something she can hold against me, even though I did her a favor by giving her the discount, and still shipping Priority? And since I paid for Priority Mail, but it has not yet reached the buyer, does USPS or ebay Shipping refund any shipping fees if the package is not delivered on time?

Other Answers: 8
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gr8dealz4evry1

Too soon to worry

Yes, you may have to refund if the package is never shown as Delivered.

What happened with the shipping charges is not relevant.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member
Answered

Depart USPS Sort Facility

November 30, 2012

ALLEN PARK, MI 48101 

Expected Delivery By:
November 28, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

November 30, 2012, 12:33 am

ALLEN PARK, MI 48101 

Missent

November 29, 2012, 8:11 am

Arrival at Post Office

November 29, 2012, 7:57 am

HICKSVILLE, OH 43526 

November 29, 2012

TOLEDO, OH 43601 

November 29, 2012, 2:14 am

TOLEDO, OH 43601

November 27, 2012

WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799 

November 26, 2012, 11:41 pm

WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799 

Electronic Shipping Info Received

November 26, 2012

Acceptance

November 26, 2012, 10:22 am

VALLEY SPRINGS, CA 95252 

**This makes no sense, it was supposed to be delivered in Ohio, it was sent to wrong Ohio Post Office, then all the way to Michigan, Past the town in Ohio it was supposed to be go to!**

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered

The USPS notation "missent" means the package was routed improperly to a location it usually would not go through to the destination. They will route it properly now. The delay should only be a day or 2.

Most buyers do not know that priority mail is very little more expensive than parcel post. We get a discount for priority mail when using ebay shipping, but none for parcel post. Since your buyer paid for all 3 ship charges, you DO realize that ebay charges you fvf's on the shipping, don't you? They do not refund sellers for partial refunds to buyers. 

Shipping refund because of a problem with the USPS? not a chance, sorry.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

It's only Friday. Shipping times are estimates.

Can she hold it against you? I suppose.

disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered

The FVF on shipping is 9% .  If you plan on giving a discount for combined shipping, you send an invoice before the buyer pays, adjusting the shipping charged, so they buyer pays you correctly.

Community Member
Answered

Thank you for the info!

So, if the buyer pays prior to receiving a new invoice, am I supposed to tell them "sorry, you're outta luck, you already paid?"

Puts me between a rock and hard place...

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered

neither ebay nor USPS offer a refund of shipping fees for any reason....lost, damaged, late, or any other reason you might conceive of.

Community Member
Answered

no I did not know that. How much are the fvf on shipping? what is the best way to avoid this?