eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Package delivered to wrong address

The post office apparently delivered an item I ordered to the wrong address.  The delivery confirmation shows 'Delivered' but I don't have it.  I spoke to the mail carrier and she does not remember where she may have left it, just that she knows she didn't leave it at my house.  The seller did not purchase insurance.  According to what I saw on the the eBay Buyer Protection page, the seller may be protected from losing a dispute if they have a delivery confirmation showing 'Delivered'.  

What now?  I consider this a 'lost' package but it isn't insured.

Thanks.

Other Answers: 3
centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oradude67

All your buyer needs to protect themselves is a delivery confirmation.

Your postal carrier says she doesn't remember WHERE she left it, but that she knows it was not at your house? wow. CALL the postmaster immediately! That is a reason for discipline and may force the USPS to refund themselves. I hope so, as ebay and your seller have done everything they are required to do.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to oradude67

I would try to contact the Postmaster at your local Post Office so that you can try and track just exactly where the package went. They should be able to do that for you. Hope this helps.  :-D

Y'all come back now y'hear?
itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to oradude67

Your seller is not responsible for Post Office employee's that sometimes mess up and deliver a package to the wrong address. that is an issue with the PO and their employee's.

Insurance would have been of no consequence as the package was not "lost" or "damaged."

You need to call your local Post Master (the boss) and ask him/her to check in to this. He/she will then have a conversation with your carrier as well as document the complaint. Too many complaints about that specific carrier may indicate a problem however, unless you tell your Post Master, they will never know (your carrier is not going to tell on themselves).

I've had a couple packages recovered from a miss delivery after contacting my Post Master.

Hope you/they find it!