eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
I don't ship out of the country but someone bid on my item form another country, what do I do?

What do I do if someone from another country puts in a bid on my item and I clear state I do not ship internationally.

Accepted Solution
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to stephanie1550

If you don't have your blocks set up, then just stating it won't stop someone from bidding - as you found out.  You can cancel their bid and then set up your blocks. 

To set your blocks:

go to your my ebay page

hover over account tab

click on site preferences

scroll down to buyer requirements 

show and edit on the right

Block buyers who:

Don't have a PayPal account

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)

Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to

Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)

Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

To block buyers in states, territories, or countries you don't want to ship to:

Go to My eBay.

Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences on the left.

In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, and then click the Show link.

Next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings, click the Edit link.

Select the states, territories, or regions you don't want to ship to. You can exclude entire continents or select Show all countries, and then select the specific countries you don't want to ship to.

All excluded countries you selected will appear on the lower section of the page.

Select the Apply to all current live listings check box to apply these exclusions to all your current listings.

Click the Apply button to save your requirements.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Other Answers: 4
kree7885
Community Member
Answered

You can select the countries you do not wish to sell to when making your listing, then it won't show up as an option for them. Simply stating it in your listing isn't enough. 

auntella
Community Member
Answered

Site Map, bottom of page, middle column, cancel bids

Community Member
Answered

Just stating in your listings that you don't ship outside the USA is MEANINGLESS.  You MUST set your blocks to actually block these bidders.

Make sure you read ENTIRE page to set correctly.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Then CANCEL any bids that you do not want bidding on your listings. 

Site Map at the bottom of any page "Cancel Bids On Your Listings"........

grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered

The default setting on eBay is Worldwide.
If you don't want to sell worldwide, you have to set your blocks accordingly.

Stating that you don't ship outside the US means nothing. Lots of bidders don't read English well, if at all, and bid from the pictures.

To set your blocks go to My eBay> Account> Site Preferences> Selling Preferences> Buyer Requirements> Show. Edit. Set all the blocks you want there,click Apply, and you will no longer be required to sell on the international market.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.