eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member
Accepted Solution
I already printed shipping label, but package weighs more than I paid postage for. Can I buy/print extra postage from Ebay/PayPal Shipping?

I had to repackage an item with a much sturdier box the box & extra packaging materials end up making the package weigh about a pound more than I printed the label for. Any way to add postage from ebay or PayPal shipping labels & stick it on the box or do I need to go to the post office & add extra postage OR should I void the whole label & reprint with the right dimensions & weight> Thanks

Accepted Solutions: 3
terryinstow
Community Member
Answered
in reply to timesgoneby

I would void the label.  The PO people get real confused when you bring in an package that you paid for online.  The online rate is lower than what they charge so the additional postage they want to charge you would be higher than you expect.

mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to timesgoneby

You cannot add postage thru eBay or PayPal.

You can buy the extra postage at the post office.

You should just void the label and print a new one.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
meekopla
Community Member
Answered
in reply to timesgoneby

You have got to void the label OR take the box to the PO and pay the difference there for additional postage. Your label already says your weight ( that will cover how much you have spent) the additional 1-2 lbs will just need to be paid there. If you void the label your money will be tied up for 14 -21 days until refunded.

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to timesgoneby

Thanks so much. This is the first time I've used the Answer center for my own question. Had no idea that I would get answers so quickly! You guys are the BEST..wish you had better news for me though..haha

meekopla
Community Member
Answered
in reply to timesgoneby

You can't print additional postage labels on ebay or Paypal sorry.

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to timesgoneby

If you haven't used the Answer Center, you should come hang around and read some of the posts. There is some really good information on the Answer Center.