eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
iglitter
Community Member
How do you get a tracking number on Parcel Post at the post office? What does it cost?

Ebay recommends as of 1/27, to either stop offering Parcel Post, or to continue to offer -- but in that case we have to: print our own labels, go to the post office and affix the proper postage amount and then upload the tracking number. All well and good, except that it is my belief THAT YOU DO NOT GET A TRACKING NUMBER FOR FREE ON PARCEL POST. You have to purchase a green and white form called at Delivery Confirmation and the cost of that STARTS at 75 cents.  Does any one know a better method to get a tracking number?  What are YOU planning on doing until March?

Other Answers: 3
dunnohowtowin
Community Member
Answered
in reply to iglitter

If you print your labels through eBay, Delivery Confirmation is $0.19 for Media Mail and Parcel Post, and free for all others.

Real people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to iglitter

http://announcements.ebay.com/2013/01/sellers-important-usps-updates-in-effect-january-27-price-chan...

No, there is no other way to get it on parcel post eff 1/27. It costs 85 cents at the moment. Not sure what the new price is eff 1/27.

You could ship priority mail for small, light weight pacels. With commercial rates and free DC, priority may be almost equal to or less than parcel post with retail DC.

house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to iglitter

Hi

You can print your labels with eBay or PayPal and purchase Delivery Confirmation for 19 cents for Parcel Post.    The tracking (DC) number is entered automatically when you print labels online.

I'm not sure why you have creating a label and affixing postage as TWO steps.  The postage (and DC) is part of the label you create.

[Perhaps I'm totally misunderstanding your question ... since I'm not a seller, so don't print labels regularly ... but I DO print labels with PayPal whenever I need to ship a package, and always get DC.