eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I unenroll from the global shipping program?

I've gotten several emails from Canada buyers that want to buy my items and before I enrolled in the global shipping program I could easily add a shipping option to ship the item to them, usually for around $3. Now, it shows the shipping to Canada under this program for about $12 shipping plus $3 in port charges. The bad thing is that I can't even edit the shipping service to get the low Canada shippng rate I had before. As a result, I'm losing customers and money. I went under my site and shipping preferences to try and opt out of the global shipping program but don't see any options to do so. Does anyone know how I can get out of this program ASAP and end this nightmare? Thanks for your help.

Other Answers: 4
rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dddennismddd

just so you know, that getting out of the GSP will not lower the shipping rates.

international rates increased significantly a week ago today. in some cases more than doubled.

I don't know how to opt out other than when you are preparing a listing, to opt out.

I declined to join the program because the international costs are already high with the import fees and the buyers hold sellers responsible for that.

rockydaytona
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dddennismddd

here is the instruction for opting out from the help page.

Can I opt-out of the Global Shipping Program?

If you enroll in the Global Shipping Program and decide you no longer want to apply it to your listings, you can remove the Global Shipping Program from your listings by unchecking the box for the Global Shipping Program from your international shipping details.

buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dddennismddd

Sadly, you'll find that $3 price is now $6 or more. The rates are now insane for low weight items.

I haven't had a single international sale since they went up and I was shipping internationally daily. :smileysad:

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dddennismddd

You only have 13 items, go to your ebay page, your active listings, click the top box that will click all the listings and then click edit.Do the same on the next page and after edit click international shipping and disable it by clicking change.

OR

You can enable Canada without the GSP if buyer chooses it by simply selecting Canada and a carrier (USPS I should hope) and a service level. This leaves the GSP as a choice and also offers other choices. You can do this for any country you choose including the ones in the GSP. As stated the price will only go down by the three dollars, in your example, but they will have to pay part of that possibly on arrival with out GSP.

Done.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.