eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I ship to Australia?

I have item for sale that I say I will only ship to US. Someone from Australia. They are willing to pay the shipping, how do I do that?

Other Answers: 5
leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to painting50

Apparently, you don't have your Buyer Requirements set to auto-block eBay members from countries you're not willing to ship to.  Read here...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

However, if you're willing to ship this item to someone in AU, go to USPS.com to get a shipping cost... sorry, but I don't trust eBay's shipping *Wizard* calculator:-(

There's also info on the USPS site regarding custom docs... if you buy/print your labels via eBay or PayPal, you should get the proper doc.

The guidelines (policies) quoted in a post above are only meant for if you want to actively advertise your items internationally... this doesn't stop you from shipping internationally.

Graciously Grin When You Growl
everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to painting50

First and foremost you are not allowed to sell internationally yet

What are the requirements for selling internationally?

When you trade internationally, you need to verify that you're following all laws in other countries, which can differ from laws in your own country.

To sell internationally, you need to:

Have an eBay account in good standing.

Have a PayPal account and be PayPal Verified.

Earn at least 10 Feedback points from selling.

Have had your first successful sale more than 90 days ago.

Meet the selling requirements of the sites where you want your listings to appear.

jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to painting50

Research shipping rates using ebay shipping calculator to austrailia.  Send revised invoice with shipping cost.  Print shipping label on ebay.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to painting50

First, if you don't want to sell internationally, you need to have your preferences set properly.....Not just say it in your auctions...

Ok, since you are agreeable to sell an item to someone in Australia, weigh the package, go to usps.com or whoever you want to ship with and inquire. You'll need that buyers address, at least their zip and/or town.

Then, you can invoice the buyer. Once it's paid, you can ship. I haven't shipped internationally, in years so I have no idea how their customs, etc, work. Inquire all you can before you send an invoice. I'm only guessing they can via Paypal. Some countries can't.

Well, I hope I've helped alittle. Someone else might chime in with more particulars.....I hope it goes well for you!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to painting50