eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Accepted Solution
How do I print eBay Shipping labels without the web address and cut on dotted line info?

Hi!  When I print shipping labels on eBay I have to cut and trim the label because the https web address/date info shows at the bottom of the page and "cut on dotted line - - - - " prints across the middle of the page.  Any suggestions on how to avoid this?  I'm printing on 8.5 x 11 paper with two labels per sheet.  I waste a lot of time cutting labels and then they look sloppy.  There must be a way to avoid this, please help, many thanks!!

Accepted Solutions: 2
Community Member
Answered
in reply to psychwm12

If you are using IE, File > Page Setup and clear out the Header and Footer fields.

whiskertail
Community Member
Answered
in reply to psychwm12

If you are using Firefox:

File -> Page Setup... ->  Margins & Header/Footer tab

Though I've yet to hear of a way to stop the dotted line from printing.

P.S. you can also buy labels with precut rounded corners that when peeled off leave behind any printed headers & footers, and the dotted line.

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to psychwm12

In Firefox 26.....

Go to upper left corner press Firefox tab > Print > Page Setup

That will open a new small window then click on the tab on top Margins & Header/Footer > Under Header and footer at bottom you can uncheck the options you want to add or remove.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to psychwm12

Thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate it.  I think I will check into getting those labels whiskertail so I can eliminate the dotted line too.  Thanks again!

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to psychwm12

When you go to print your label - a box pops up for you to print.  That box is on YOUR computer.  Before you hit PRINT - you need to go through the settings FOR YOUR PRINTER and turn off the "print header" and "print footer" information.

You may have to check your printer's help files to find out where those settings are.

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.