eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How can i pay for shipping label with my pending balance?? I don't have any other money and this is what i need to do!!

I have about 100$ in my paypal, its been pending for over a week. i really need the money to pay for the shipping..

Other Answers: 2
Community Member
Answered
in reply to haileypax*_123

When you print your labels thru Ebay, the payment is applied to your PayPal balance regardless of whether it is pending.  On the print page you will see an option to 'Pay Later' (something to that effect).  This will allow you to print your labels, and once the funds become available, PayPal will then charge your account.

Once your buyer pays and the money is in PayPal, even though YOU cannot access it, the Shipping Label function can.  Your buyers do not have to wait.  Good Luck!

jenny_lake
Community Member
Answered
in reply to haileypax*_123

You may use pending funds to pay for shipping

“If you print shipping labels on eBay (USPS domestic or First Class international), up to $15.00 of your buyer's funds will be available immediately to cover shipping costs for any order less than $50.00.

For any order with a total cost that exceeds $50.00, up to 30% of the funds from your buyer will be available immediately to cover shipping costs.

If you print shipping labels on PayPal and select USPS postage, you'll need to pay for shipping when you print the label but the reimbursement will be deposited back to your PayPal account within 24 hours.

Funds from your buyer won't be made available in advance to cover shipping costs for items sent through UPS or Canada Post.”

That is quoted from this help page:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment_hold.html#pending