eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member
How can I ship 2 items separately that have been paid for together? Ebay label system only lets me print 1 label for both.

My buyer purcahsed 2 separate lots containing fragile items. Each auction had its own shipping cost based on the box-size needed to fit each group of items. I opted the listings out of my combined shipping discount, and specified in the description that none of these auctions could be combined--it would require a MUCH bigger, MUCH heavier box, and would actually be more expensive to ship than the 2 smaller boxes. Not to mention that trying to pack all the fragile items in a bigger box leaves more room for breakage.

Now, eBay's shipping label system will only allow me to choose and print one label, for both boxes together.

Obviously, I could just use eBay's system for 1 label, then take the other box to the Post Office, pay for shipping at their retail counter, and upload tracking information onto eBay, but i'm hoping someone might know how to 'uncombine' the shipments withing eBay's system?

Thanks in advance!

Other Answers: 6
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to meganharp

Print the first label based on the first package, editing the weight and dimensions. Once that is done there will be a link to print a second label for that order. One payment, two shipments.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Community Member
Answered
in reply to meganharp

Click the button to print a 2nd label , as stated.

Or go to www.paypal.com/shipnow

Upper right corner on this page, click 'customer support'. Type your question into the input box, and click the 'search' button.

This will answer 99% of all questions posted on this board.
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to meganharp

Of course you can print two labels for the same shipment - I've done it myself.  I totally spaced out on that - sorry, forget my answer. 

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to meganharp

the way to do it would have been to pay for each lot separately - not combine the payment.  Did the buyer pay on their own or did you send them a combined invoice?   don't know if it would work now to refund and then send new invoices - but you could try. 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to meganharp

Follow-up:

I did try to print a second label, but discovered that both labels had the same box size & tracking number, even though the boxes were different sizes. Couldn't figure out a way to fix that, so I did go ahead and take the 2nd box to the PO to pay for it there.

Wanted to make sure I covered myself by having an independent tracking number for each, just in case the buyer didn't receive one. Glad I did, because the eBay-printed box was delivered on the 7th, but the PO-paid box is still in processing as of the 10th...dropped them off at my PO counter at the same time.

jeremyw817
Community Member
Answered
in reply to meganharp

This is a bad experience all together, same issue happened to me.  One buyer purchased numerous lots, and all will be shipped in their own packaging - the safest and cheapest method. 

This is a big miss on the part of eBay, I shouldn't have to go back in and create / edit the weight and dimensions if they were entered in the first time. 

Defeats the purpose...