Community Member
Accepted Solution
Global Shipping Program?

Hi.My seller sent item to
1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200
Erlanger, KY 41018-3193
United States
But its not my address!
Is this Global Shipping Program address?

Could i stay calm and wait for the item?

Accepted Solutions: 2
mycocentric
Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

I just googled the address and it's the GSP address. Nothing to worry about.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
mycocentric
Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

That's probably the GSP address but even if it is't you are covered by ebay buyer protection if it doesn't arrive. In the meantime stay calm and carry on.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Other Answers: 15
Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

Update on my earlier post: Paypal wrote me back that the address in Kentucky is a customs clearance station. It should be no reason to panic when your item is sent there, they are sent on their way internationally from there. So it has something to do with the Global Shipping program. I will also post when my item has arrived. Apart from -I believe- one person nobody wrote an update anymore which would have been helpful for the rest of us facing this problem not to freak out. I even called USPS yesterday, the person I talked to did not recognise the Kentucky address. She tried to connect me to someone else after which I got -how surprising- disconnected. It seems to be extremely hard to A: get an actual person to talk to instead of a voice computer, B. get any help at all when your problem falls a little outside the range of the usual humdrum things :0( So thank you Paypal for being the only persons bothering to give valid information. Seller has still not responded as far as I know, postal services who should know about this don't know anything either... I lost a lot of time finding this out, but at least it looks like my item is still on the way. Two more weeks to wait, I guess.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw
How can you get in contact with Airport Exchange? I want to ring and check on my parcel.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

i just made a payment and received an email from Paypal showing the same address. which is also not mine!

anyone know what's going on?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

I am a seller and had three items shipped to that address (1850 Airport Exchange Blvd) this week. I did not realize what it was until today and have not Opted Out of the GSP as instructed above  One buyer paid eBay $21.53 for shipping for an item that I would have charged $11.  The item cost $5.50.  My invoice showed only my US shipping charge of $3.50.  Until the buyer contacted me that the address I showed in my note to him was not his address, I did not realize what was going on.  A bill that should have been $16.50 was $27, but I only saw the $9.00, which is what I received (with US shipping).  

So, OPT OUT of this rip off.  And, in the pricess of eBay setting me up for GSP, some of my ads reverted to old versions with old prices and information.  Also, some item that I do not have listed for International shipping, have been sold to go to GSP. What a mess.

From another Forum: 

Ebay Global Shipping Program is a terrible scam. Do NOT use this service if you are a seller! Your buyer will be charged MORE THAN DOUBLE what it would cost for USPS First Class International. The 'fine print' on this horrible scam of a shipping option is that your buyer will pay "Customs, brokerage, and OTHER fees." The first buyer of ours that fell prey to this scam was in Australia and they were charged $28 for a $12 mailing. We refunded the purchase price of the item to help the buyer recover from this overcharging on ebay's part. Go to your Site Preferences, then Shipping Preferences, then edit & 'opt out' of the Global Shipping Program. Help put a stop to this ridiculous overcharging of international customers.

glamour-puss-we-are
Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

it look's like if people don't realize that we buyer's have to pay for this rip off service,we will have to shop on other site's. So many item's i want to get but the seller has the GSP as the only shipping option,so i now copy and post and google and see what come's up. Look's like the seller's will eventually be the looser's. If there's something i really want that another site doesn't have,i email the ebay seller and ask them that if the item doesn't sell,to relist it but not using the GSP. As an overseas buyer who looses on the exchange for a start,then has to pay double or triple on shipping,forget it. I just don't know how to get the message out to the thounsand's of ebay seller's,can we all help?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

As promised, last update: my item arrived today- 5th November and was ordered October 23rd. So no panic if your item is sent to the Erlanger Kentucky address. It does arrive eventually :0)

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

Yes that is the gsp address. I shipped a few items there with no issues.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

That happened to me today, also. I was able to void shipping label (wait for refund from USPS), and purchase another label with correct label. Why did it happen? Because under shipping options (under "site preferences" in your ebay account), you have to "OPT OUT" of Global Shipping, and then select the countries you DO NOT ship to below that. Good thing I caught it before it shipped out!! Not sure why ebay slipped that in my default for shipping choices....ugh.  

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

YES STAY calm....BUT YOUR IYEM  WAS IT EXPENSIVE AND TO GOOD TO BE yours?????pitneybows...KNOWS WHATs INSIDE...to me happends to bought an 30 pounds  BRASS EAGLES,,,where is it??????went  to 1850   whatever  ...my freinds  S C A m s  after  scams

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

Item 171136994142 purchased / paid 3 Oct 2013, via International Priority Shipping to Australia please advise progress and that shipping agent has correct Australian address. To date no info received by me (buyer ) as per progress.

Regards.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

i am the same situation with u
did u get ur item yet?

surfelvis
Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

Yes, this is ebay's Global Shipping Center address.  Relax.

P.S. Ebay ships your item to the international destination using your same packaging, so pack it securely.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

Same thing happened to me. I won an auction on thursday, paid the seller and he printed a shipping label out with the Erlanger Address on it and sent the item there. I live in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.

My address was on the order details page under Shipping Details. Am I going to see the item I bought???

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

I'm experiencing the exact same problem right now, so I'm already happy I'm not the only one... I do hope this has something to do with the global shipping program. Did you end up getting your item, because I already wrote a mail to Paypal warning possible trouble is on the way and if I could cancel the payment. Seller himself does not respond in any way to my frantic mails that this is NOT my address :0(

Community Member
Answered
in reply to algisshw

Hi!  Are you talking about a pair of Polo cargo shorts?  Pls answer ASAP!!