eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Geico
Community Member
Do you have to use Priority mail boxes and envelopes when shipping Priority mail or can you use Plain boxes and envelopes

Getting back in to selling Husbands clothes and Boots  and etc items after 10 year of traveling.

Shipping has changed since then.

Trying to figure out the best and also cheapest way.

And also use free shipping supplies.

I did not see any large size envelopes for jeans they were smaller.

So I bought some plastic large envelopes.

But not sure if I can just put priority labels on them

appreciate any help I can get

Other Answers: 5
mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to nannys_bargain_shop

You can use any box or envelope to ship Priority, as long as you print Priority postage.  If an item is below 13 ounces you can ship it First Class parcel.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered

For regular Priority Mail, you can use a regular box.  

But if you are shipping Priority Mail FLAT RATE (box or envelope) or REGIONAL RATE, you MUST use the appropriate Priority Mail FR or RR box.

bostongrammy
Community Member
Answered

On the USPS pages where you can order the free boxes, you can also order stickers to put on your plain boxes. This will help avoid the risk of them being handled as if they were Parcel post packages.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navC...

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

Of course you can use your own boxes/envelopes. Shipping by Priority isn't limited to the boxes offered by USPS.

mini_moo
Community Member
Answered

On a similar note, I have a question.  If you have a Priority Mailing Box (not a Flat Rate or a Regional Rate), do you still have to use Priority Postage? 

I have something that is 12 oz, which could be shipped First Class, but I only have Priority Mailing Boxes at home.