eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
barryvsr
Community Member
when i try to look on ebay it says my internet explorer has stopped working and it only does it when i'm on ebay - then shuts off the intern

when i try to look at something on ebay it says my internet explorer has stopped working and shuts me off line, it only does my computer when i'm on ebay only, why is this happening/

Other Answers: 4
grandpatexhelp
Community Member
Answered
in reply to barryvsr

I would recommend you use a modern, high speed web browser on eBay, such as Chrome or Firefox, in it's latest version.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

Excellent speed, smooth scrolling and no ads.

Answer center posts are no longer in chronological order,making it difficult to answer a question in a step by step fashion. If the thread doesn't make sense, click on the Most Kudos link, above, and select Newest First. Be sure to check for hidden comments to see if the OP has returned with valuable information that may affect the final outcome.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to barryvsr

I had the same problem and the only thing that worked for me is....under tools ...check the active x to enable it. Blocking third party as suggested by others, disabled my mcafee site advisor.

kyhmmies
Community Member
Answered
in reply to barryvsr

I had the same problem.  You need to completely uninstall Java from your computer, then upload the latest Java version from their website. 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to barryvsr

With the very latest versions of Internet Explorer, Microsoft has finally given in and decided to acccept international standards.  So it works better - nearly as well as Firefox.

I bet you have an old version of IE.  I too recommend FIrefox or Chrome, but you might also try the latest IE (version 9 or later).

"Ignorance is no excuse. Unless I'm wrong."