eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member
Accepted Solution
what does "send to online auction" on selling page mean?

What does the option on your selling page "send to online auction" mean?  What will this do if I select it and click ".."  ?

Thank you !

Accepted Solutions: 3
nc-daydreamer
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bonjoviwatcher

It means several things...

* the listing you have as current will end - and all fees already due for it will remain due - you'll just cut your listing time short.

* the listing will now become an auction for 7 days - with all new fees due for the change

The only time in my opinion, it is wise to opt in for this is when a listing has accumulated enough 'watchers' who may hopefully, suddenly, start a bidding war over the item - for me this number is 10 - you may pick whatever number you want.

=====================================
Life is but a fragile moment in time; be wise and treat it with care.
inceptions
Community Member
Answered

It will change your Buy It Now listing to an auction listing. It's just an option.

Community Member
Answered

It will remove one item from your inventory (Quantity Available) in a Fixed Price Format listing.

It will list that item in Auction Format,7-day duration. (if listing fees are applicable, you will be charged)

Other Answers: 3
milos89
Community Member
Answered

so what does the bid start at on an online auction?

This is new to me...I thought we set the lowest asking price. People would then place bids on said item. If one were to select this option will it mean that a recently listed 700 dollar item can be bought at a dollar? PLZ REVISE

buybuy42
Community Member
Answered

What will it do.? - It starts a 99 cent auction that needs to be Revised 

flanders_flock
Community Member
Answered

Based on previous eBay member comments; buyers reap, sellers get screwed.  You have your fixed price item but this option turns it into a 7 day auction starting at $0.99.  eBay can you clarify this?