eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
what does "send to online auction" on selling page mean?

What does the option on your selling page "send to online auction" mean?  What will this do if I select it and click ".."  ?

Thank you !

Accepted Solutions: 3
nc-daydreamer
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bonjoviwatcher

It means several things...

* the listing you have as current will end - and all fees already due for it will remain due - you'll just cut your listing time short.

* the listing will now become an auction for 7 days - with all new fees due for the change

The only time in my opinion, it is wise to opt in for this is when a listing has accumulated enough 'watchers' who may hopefully, suddenly, start a bidding war over the item - for me this number is 10 - you may pick whatever number you want.

=====================================
Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily.
inceptions
Community Member
Answered

It will change your Buy It Now listing to an auction listing. It's just an option.

Community Member
Answered

It will remove one item from your inventory (Quantity Available) in a Fixed Price Format listing.

It will list that item in Auction Format,7-day duration. (if listing fees are applicable, you will be charged)

Other Answers: 3
milos89
Community Member
Answered

so what does the bid start at on an online auction?

This is new to me...I thought we set the lowest asking price. People would then place bids on said item. If one were to select this option will it mean that a recently listed 700 dollar item can be bought at a dollar? PLZ REVISE

buybuy42
Community Member
Answered

What will it do.? - It starts a 99 cent auction that needs to be Revised 

flanders_flock
Community Member
Answered

Based on previous eBay member comments; buyers reap, sellers get screwed.  You have your fixed price item but this option turns it into a 7 day auction starting at $0.99.  eBay can you clarify this?