eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
relist

how do I relist an item before it expires? I was unable to find the relist on tyhe sellers page.

Other Answers: 3
clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gobills5

I don't think you can relist an active item.

That would be like extending the duration.

You'd have to use 'sell similar'.

Or if you want to end it and then relist it, that would be okay.

But there's no way to keep the same number of views and watchers, no way to keep the same item number, and no way to keep the same 'sold' and 'remaining' tallies on a fixed price multiple quantity listing.

The only kind of listing you can do that with is a fixed price listing with the 30 day / good till canceled option.

And you still always get charged another listing fee when you relist.

nc-daydreamer
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gobills5

Why on earth would you want to do that?

First off, you have to cancel the current listing, meaning you lose the exposure time you have to pay for - no discounts. Then you pay new fees for the new listing.  The majority of items sell in the last 5 minutes before close of auction. You cannot relist an item already live - that is why the option is not there.

What you propose is not going to do you or your potential customers any good.

=====================================
Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily.
karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gobills5

After it expires you use the RELIST button.

If you list the same thing again before it expires you could end out selling two of them.