eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
What happens when I refund a buyer and I still have not received my items?

O.K....keep in mind that I am new to this E-Bay thing. I sold a purse. Buyer said it was not as described. I refunded the money because E-Bay sent a message saying, ultimately, that it would be better to just go ahead and refund her. But I still have not received my items. So now what? Am I just s.o.l.? Does E-Bay refund my money if I never receive my items? Or has the buyer hit the jackpot and received free merchandise? What do I do? Please help.

Accepted Solutions: 2
vegetalove
Community Member
Answered
in reply to wesleysworld2012

You should NEVER refund before receiving your goods back!

Ebay will do nothing to cpmpensate you for this mistake you made; you will have to just hope the buyer will return it. (really, they have no motivation to, now)

Try to keep up positive communication with them.

Community Member
Answered

Why would you refund before you receive your item back?

Your reply should have been, will issue a full refund upon return of the purse.

Now there is nothing you can do.

Other Answers: 6
Community Member
Answered

Also, make sure you block this buyer.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

>>>Actually, the E-Bay message did suggest that I go ahead and refund her, in so many words, before I received my items.<<<

I don't believe that. Can you quote the pertinent phrase that mislead you to do this?

Community Member
Answered

Actually, the E-Bay message did suggest that I go ahead and refund her, in so many words, before I received my items. In my head I knew I should have waited, but, like I said, being new to this, I thought I was doing the right thing. I know better now though and it will never happen again. But I have to take responsibility. The buyer lied the whole way through so I should have known better.

staceylaura
Community Member
Answered

Because you are a new seller you will find buyers that target you to see what they can get away with.  Make sure and learn a little more about Ebay procedures.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

I'll bet eBay never said you should refund without getting the items back first.

Yes, you have made you items be gifts to the buyer.

Community Member
Answered

Did the message say "Refund the buyer BEFORE you get your item back? I'd go and re-read exactly what was stated. My guess is that you didn't see THAT. B-)

Y'all come back now y'hear?