eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member
My eBay Buyer ~ where can I see number of watchers I am bidding on?

With this new "My eBay" format I cannot find a way to see the number of members "watching" items that I am bidding on.

Before these "My eBay" changes were made, I had my bids/offers on the left side of the page which provided instant wonderful details (with photos) on each item I was bidding on. Most importantly... the number of other members that were also "watching" the item was available.

I phoned eBay about this, but they were unable to assist me at that time.

I would appreciate if anyone has found a solution for this.

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jules2003green

I was wondering he same thing! You could see how many others were watching an item you bid on. It was on the left side and if you moused over the item it woud tell you how many other watches there were but only on items you bid on. I liked this feature and would like it back.

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered

I may be missing something here, but in my time on eBay as a seller and buyer, watchers have never been visible to other buyers -- only to the seller.

Community Member
Answered

I do mean for the "Buyer". I've had my bid/offers on the left side of "My eBay" and it has always provided so much information (currency exchange as well) but the number of members "watching" the item has been invaluable to me.

How can I get that information back?

Thanks *smile*

ijazzu
Community Member
Answered

Are you sure you don't mean how many other Bidders the item has?

Watchers are for the seller??

maneki-neko-nook
Community Member
Answered

the buyer doesn't see that only the seller does

I haven't had my coffee yet, so forgive my typing....The only question you may regret is the one you never asked!
Community Member
Answered

Thank you... for awhile there I was beginning to think I was the only "Buyer" that used and LOVED this feature.

That's why I posted this question here... hoping that someone might have found a way around this issue and ultimately solving the problem by getting that feature back.

Help would definitely be appreciated. *smile*

Community Member
Answered

Well... I'm a Buyer and before this recent change in "My eBay" I could always see the number of watchers on an item I was bidding on.

It was all in how you set it up. We use to have a choice of where we wanted areas to be... left, right, top, bottom.

As long as I had the items I was bidding on on the far left, mouse hovering provided amazing information.

I'm trying to find a way to get that back. *smile*

Community Member
Answered

I used to love that feature... no idea why they got rid of it.  I've actually just been trying to put it back on my My eBay page but can't figure out how to do it.

japatally
Community Member
Answered

Has anyone heard anything new about this yet? I totally agree - as a buyer, this was an extremely valuable feature.