eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How long does it take to get a refund from ebay

I won a case on ebay on the 16 in they sent me a email saying i got a full refund. In the email they told me to login to paypal in check in history to see my money if it did notshow in my paypal blanace. I did check but it wasnt in there. Am wondering whats takeing so long for me to get my money back its been 5 days in still nothing. I know some people say that if the seller has no money in their account that the money will be sent to you has a e-check in it could take longer to get your money back. The seller i brought from turned out to be a scammer so he might have taken all the money out of his account after ebay suspended him. When i checked my history it said my money was refounded but its not in my paypay blanance or my card. I paid with a debit card could that be the reason its takeing so long.

Other Answers: 5
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pokefreak20

If you funded the original payment with a credit card, the money is on its way back to the credit card company.

Did you fund the payment with a credit card?

Click on Comment to reply.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pokefreak20

If you funded your PayPal payment with a debit card, the refund should have gone back to your PayPal account... if you got a refund.

mr_lees_deals' post was correct and informative.

When i checked my history it said my money was refounded

If you are referring to your PayPal history, then the money was refunded.  Is it possible you spent it on another item?

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pokefreak20

Did it say you GOT The refund or you will be getting one?

As soon as the seller initiates the refund, the original transaction in PayPal will revert from completed to refunded. You would also see a new transaction for the refund itself, the transaction details should show the status. I does take about three business days for your credit card acccount to show the reversal if you are checking online.

If you did not fund with a credit card, the money will be in your PayPal balance.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Community Member
Answered
in reply to pokefreak20

I know my answer is over a year old, but this is good for reference for anyone dealing with this "issue".  A refund takes 3-5 business days to get to your bank account. so, if you got the refund on, say, a Thursday, your refund may not reach your account until the following Wednesday or Thursday. When you asked your question, it had been 4 days since the refund was issued, but not necessarily 4 "business" days. I'm assuming the refund arrived to your card/account within a few days after your comment. Am I correct??

Community Member
Answered
in reply to pokefreak20

I paid with a debit