eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

OLD VELVETEEN RABBIT MOVIE FROM THE 1970s

I'm trying to find a copy of a version of The Velveteen Rabbit that I saw in elementary school back in the 1970s. It was a live film, not animation. It was not very long, but it was the best version of The Velveteen Rabbit I have ever seen since. They showed it to us every year of elementary school it seemed and I cried every time. Does anyone have any information on this movie?

Thanks,
Trina M.
Virginia
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to trina5901
r u sure it was from the 70s?

the first one imdb has is from 1984

possibly a local production? for your area schools? they did that a lot where i was from...local public broadcast sometimes showed locally produced shows for educational purposes...

----------o----------o----------o----------o----------o----------o----------
The New Safe Payments Policy is in Effect.

Always pay for online purchases with a Credit Card

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to trina5901
I think I know what you are talking about. I remember watching that in the late 70's. The version you are talking about was distributed by Lsb Productions for elementary schools in 1974. It was on 16mm and not VHS. Whether it was ever transferred to VHS I don't know. If imdb.com only has since 1984 my guess is no.
Please use plain text.
steverino1965
Community Member

in reply to trina5901
Contact this library, they have 2 prints:

www.owyheesound.com/16mm_prints/U_to_V/u_to_v.html

Maybe you could do a transfer to video.

Steve
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to trina5901
transfer to video is expensive...especially from a 16mm print..you could easily pay on upwards of $75 per half hour of print to do that (your yellow pages should have some companies in your area that do that...most specialize in transfering wedding videos to vhs or vhs to dvd or foreign formats -- PAL -- to US formats). I checked it out when I had bought nearly 17 hours of film from England and found it would have cost me nearly $3K to get them transferred over to VHS. Kind of ridiculous since the whole purchase cost me only about $30 in total. They sit on my shelf now until I can find someone who's willing to do it for free.

----------o----------o----------o----------o----------o----------o----------
The New Safe Payments Policy is in Effect
Current Scam Sightings

Always pay for online purchases with a Credit Card

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to trina5901
I have a copy of the LSB Productions on VHS. The year it was released as per the box is 1993 by Goodtimes Home Video Corp.

I hope this helps....Charles
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: OLD VELVETEEN RABBIT MOVIE FROM THE 1970s

in reply to steverino1965

The classic original Velveteen Rabbit movie, winner of 4 awards is now on DVD .It is just released on Amazon

Lsbproductions.com is the link       or velveteenrabbitmoviedvd.com

This movie was produced in1973  and is acclaimed by children and  parents world wide. 

Many people that have seen other versions state that this original classic is the best..

Please use plain text.
triyarn
Community Member

in reply to len8sb

You are aware that advertising on these boards is against policy and that this thread is over 7 years old, right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you are only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to triyarn

I am not sure what you consider advertising... the person is asking how they can acquire this film.  I, today, am seeking the same information, and fortunately someone has been kind enough to respond to this "old" thread so I know where to search.  So far I have turned up nothing that I was looking for.  

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to freakyfranci

Until now. 

Please use plain text.