eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

MGM GROUP PHOTO c.1942 ANNIVERSARY

Hello
I have been looking and looking for this photo/poster.
It is a photo of about 60 famous actors of the area (1942) sitting in chairs in a semi-circle of 6 rows. In the first row, in the center, sits Louis B Mayer. On one side sits Greer Garson and on the other side sits Katherine Hepbern. It looks like it was taken in the MGM studio. The floor is a shining red color. In front of all of them sits a large cake with many candles.
Does this sound familiar to anyone out there ??
Thanks so much,
Lynne
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to griffinpast
This question was addressed some time back I believe. Try searching this board back thru January - don't think it was earlier than that! :smileyhappy:

Also - Check Life magazine.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to griffinpast
Your response helped me...I found the entry you suggested. I appreciate your tip. I'll keep checking all possibilities.
Thanks again
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to griffinpast
I have that photograph in a book. It is just as you describe only without the cake--six rows of stars, Kate, Louis, Greer, and the shiney red floor. It says it was taken in 1943.

The photo is shown on pages 204-205 in a book called LIFE GOES TO THE MOVIES, Time-Life Books. I have the Wallaby edition, 1977. It appears to be readily available.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to griffinpast
thank you so much. I will look for that book. I thought, also, that sometime, somewhere I had seen that photo in a book, long ago. I think it is a shame that places like MPTV have these photographs but insist upon fees like..
$ 275.00.
Thanks again for your input. All of this helps me.
Lynne
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to griffinpast
Hi!:
I think that picture is in the 1986 50th anniversary issue of Life. Now there is more of those kind of group pictures because i've seen one from 1986 and at least i remember Harrison Ford , Charlton Heston, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and DeForest Kelly all sitting like in a school picture. What about that one?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to griffinpast
Hi there,
Thanks for the info. I'll look for the 1986 book. I don't know about the photo you are describing, though it sounds interesting as well.
What I'm relly looking for is a photo (which I really don't have much hope to find) but even a poster would be so nice.
Please use plain text.