eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

A Little Princess - 1973

Years ago I watched a 6 episode TV series of the novel A Little Princess. I believe it was produced in 1973 by the BBC. It is a faithful version of the book and I would love to have a copy. I've done a few internet searches with little success. Does anyone know if this show is available anywhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Darlene B.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: A Little Princess - 1973

in reply to artisticgamer07

I THINK there is some way to look this up on IMDB -- but I don't know how myself.  Alternatively, you might call your local PBS station and ask them if they have access to such BBC information.

Or, you could buy the book!  Oddly enough, I just bought one for my daughter two days ago!

Please use plain text.
triyarn
Community Member

in reply to silverthwait

It doesn't look like it has had an official home video release. Why not go directly to the source and email the BBC? They might be able to forward you to the suggestion department.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you are only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to triyarn

I would also dearly like to get hold of a copy. Have you had any sucess tracking it down?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to silverthwait

Thanks for the advice.  I'm still on a search for this series. I did try to find info on IMDb but I could only get so far. Apparently I would have to pay to access IMDbpro to get addresses for BBC. So I will try to find addresses on my own. I do have the book. It's a wonderful story and the 1973 version is, in my opinion, the most faithful to the book. Thanks again.

Darlene B.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to artisticgamer07

I have a personal interest. My partner appeared in it when she was still at school!

Please use plain text.
sineaterdoodah
Community Member

in reply to timbo-bimbo
Please use plain text.
wilsonhepple
Community Member

in reply to sineaterdoodah

OP,

Is this the film you are asking about.?

I found this listed on the British eBay web-site.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Little-Princess-DVD-1995-/151047799225?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=i...

Please use plain text.
sineaterdoodah
Community Member

in reply to wilsonhepple

nope,OP wants the 6 episode BBC tv series,i believe.

but thank you,from ME,for looking!! :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

Please use plain text.