eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

itchy helmet head

My wife loves to ride with me but she cannot stand to wear a helmet because it makes her head itch. I'm not talking an occasional little itch, I'm talking constant "shake the whole bike while she scratches her head" itch. I thought I had a tire going down the first time we went on a long trip with her helmet on. We've tried different helmets and wearing a do-rag under the helmet but it doesn't help. Anyone have any suggestions other than leaving her at home alone with 2 teenage daughters?(I think she'd choose the head itch over that.)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: itchy helmet head

in reply to dr.springer
I am assuming that she has no medical skin/scalp conditions that would cause this.
Have her try switching shampoo and or conditioner, I have used some that leave residue, that when mixed with sweat, cause almost immediate discomfort. Also it may help if she washes her hair just prior to going for a ride.
Is her helmet new? some liners deteriorate after awhile and decompose into a grit, and I guarantee it itches. beat on the inside of the lid any dust?...if so replace it.
Please use plain text.
wydeglyde
Community Member

in reply to dr.springer
Several years ago my wife and I received a pair of Head Silks. They were a silk lined cap that fit under our 3/4 helmets. My wife loved them, put it on, slip the helmet on and ride all day with little discomfort. I am sure you can still find them out there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dr.springer
Dear DrSpringer,
Sometimes I get itchy helmet head when my braids are too tight. If MrsSpringer is pulling her hair back into a braid or pony tail and it is too tight this could contribute to the itchy helmet head.
Good luck to you both.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dr.springer
Benedryl and Budweiser should cure it. Seriously, try a helmet which has air vents. Some folks start itching if they start sweating and helmets usually fit tight enough you don't get any ventilation through your hair.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dr.springer
LOL! I have a Shoei RJAir. The initials must stand for "Ram Jet!" Riding one day without a windshield, I had a completely new hairstyle when I took off the helmet!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dr.springer
There is a solution made especially for helmet scalp itch called Menthogen available from [url http://eBay.co.uk]eBay.co.uk.[/url]

Menthogen is an anti-pruritic; a fast acting spray that stops the itch. It works very well and they is also a shampoo called M-GEN. There is more product information at [url http://www.menthogen.co.uk]www.menthogen.co.uk[/url]
Please use plain text.
onanysunday711
Community Member

in reply to dr.springer

she got the bugs,dude

MY SIGNATURE:
i am not a racist,i hate all politicians equally !!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dr.springer

Try a helmet liner, there are many out there. Once you use one one you'll never wear a helmet without one.

Please use plain text.