eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Vintage 1970's Van Tech frame...Sellable?

I have a Van Tech motorcycle frame from the 1970's. These were made for small 50-250cc road racing style bikes. Does anyone have opinions on the desirability of these at this point? Worth listing? Ideas of approximate value? Mine is in a building and hard to get to to photograph but it is identical to this one. Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mitdrbubs
Is this just the frame or do you have any other parts to it? Where are you located? Thanks.
Dennis
Please use plain text.
707susang
Community Member

in reply to mitdrbubs
I have a 1959 Honda 90. Garaged for 32 years. I have heard it is worth alot. Anyone know?

Just plain Sue.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mitdrbubs
I owned a Van Tech-framed BSA 441 custom built by Bob Braverman of Cycle Guide in 1970 I believe. It was a gorgeous piece, made as a magazine project bike, custom candy paintwork and all, and it was their cover bike.... and after buying it off Bob, foolishly, I raced it in MX and desert races. Thrashed, crashed it, trashed it. Who knew? The company Roehr Van Tech, was located in Burbank, CA, and was distributed by Steen's.

Ironically, I now own a 1970 Rickman BSA 441 with 500cc Weslake top end - the better bike of the two. - Dave Destler, Woodland Hills.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Vintage 1970's Van Tech frame...Sellable?

in reply to mitdrbubs
Hello, I have a couple of early sixties YL1 100CC twins and have been looking for a better frame to put one in. I don't know about actual value but I would be interested. Do you have bodywork or just the frame? My number is 989-745-4934 if you would still have it. Steve.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mitdrbubs
I am very Interested inthe frame, is it a roller frme or a bare frame , where do you live , they made a baby frame for the little Hodakas ect is it one of thoes , or the big one , Thank You Jim God Bless , Please Save -A-Life Visit, WWW.Raspberrygold.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mitdrbubs
I might be interested. Do you still have it?
Lawrence Hudson
lawrencehud@gmail.com
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mitdrbubs
As u cam see there is interest in the frame and alot of questions! Contact me ANSI will give you cash and another bike to ride or sell for more cash. I live in California. Contact me: leave message on (714) 499-7454 or
e-mail me at...rknrl4u@gmail.com
Please use plain text.