eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

airflow89
Community Member

Recommendations 4 stroke enduro?

Hi all, just looking for advise on a a 4 stroke enduro, for driving to work and a little off-road fun. 400cc - 650cc will do just fine. Should I go air cooled air water cooled? Guess I stick with the Jap bikes, used to ride dirt bikes all the time as a kid, figure the 4 stroke is better for the street. Getting tired of the fuel prices, want to stay under 4 grand, throw me some choices.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

diesel_parts
Community Member

Re: Recommendations 4 stroke enduro?

in reply to airflow89

I didn't know they made a 4 stroke enduro. I have a 400 enduro but it is 2 stroke. Not a good street bike due to fuel consumption but it will go.

billphil.

I sell parts
fly-joani
Community Member

in reply to airflow89

Anything but a Yamaha. Check the laws in your area, police like to pick on anything unuasual on the road. They also like to twist a given charge until it fits what they call a crime.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world
Community Member

in reply to airflow89

Hey Scott,

It's a little complicated if you're insisting on staying with a Japanese brand. Not many OEM dual-sport models to choose from except the heavy-weights that are bad in any riding genre - street or off-road. An important feature to check is the power to weight ratio. If you'll consider KTM - I know, I know, they're orange, they don't have a linkage - not 'til recently anyhow - and they're Austrian. (Bad news/good news: - Arnold Schwartznegger is Austrian, but so are Glock firearms) Commencing around '07 or '08, the EXC models came street-legal from the factory. The (dirt) magazines love them, as they're as close as you can get to a real dirt bike that is also street-legal. My personal experience with them is that they're a great compromise. KTM has made several model revisions over the years, so the pre-owned market is pretty target-rich.

Good luck,

Dan

Thousand Oaks, Ca.

I don't know about other states, but in California, we must watch that 8th character of the VIN. If it's coded off-road, you'll NEVER get it street-licensed.