eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
what exactly does 'trade cloth' mean?

Some books are listed as 'trade cloth' but do not specifically say whether it is hard-bound or paperback? "Trade cloth' to me would suggest a hard-bound book without a cover, but I suspect this is not right... WHY use this ambiguous term and just say it like it is???  What does this mean?

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sunshine_0805

Trade Cloth on a book means that it is a hardcover book which may or may not have a dust jacket.

It is usually the hardcover standard hardcover binding which is common in high-circulation books.

grandmasterb-ri
Community Member
Answered

Yeah i wasn't for sure that trade cloth meant hardcover. I just learned it from this person asking this question.

And to the person giving the person who asked this question **bleep** about it that was rude. You have over 30 thousand posts,you might need a life. Might help your social skills

clever_never
Community Member
Answered

why in the world would you pick this forum  for that question?

clever_never
Community Member
Answered

sorry...I thought we were  somewhere else,

kraloe
Community Member
Answered

It has a cover, a hard cover. It's an industry-wide term. If you had internet access, you could look up what it means.