eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
what does it mean "refurbished by seller?"

what does "refurbished by seller" mean? does this mean the item is used but then refilled before posting for sale on Ebay? I am asking because the item I bid on says that & it is a set of printer ink cartridges so I'm concerned abt that statement - please help me to understand of you know the wnswer.  Thank you nery much

Other Answers: 4
angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to shelikes2play

You need to contact the seller - the ask question link is on the bottom left of the listing.

Community Member
Answered

Responder.......

Don't forget to tell the OP how to do an invalid bid retraction.  It is your trademark after all.

Community Member
Answered

If you didn't know what it was, why did you bid on it?  And "ididn't notice until after i bid" is not a valid reason.  And being new is no excuse. 

The buyer's job is incredibly easy.......read the entire ad and pay.

Yes, refurbished means rebuilt, replenished, fixed, etc.  If you want to know exactly, contact the seller as suggested above.  But it really may not matter at this point, because if you win the auction you have to pay for it anyway.

Next time take the necessary 25 seconds required to read the entire ad.

Community Member
Answered

Hello. Do as "angelgirl" advises and ask the seller.

My GUESS is that the printer ink cartridges were refilled with ink and then listed on ebay as "refurbished".

I buy "refilled" printer ink cartridges locally. They work just fine and are a lot cheaper then HP ink cartridges. (and with reuse staying out of the trash)

Good luck and welcome to ebay.